Coronavirus effects

Starting this Monday our company told us to work from home until further notice.

That would be an interesting case of mile and gas savings. Since my wife now can use my car instead of hers. She has QX60 for 39/10 and she was running close to 10k limit.

I’m curious if anyone else experiencing the same just yet? I’ve seen news of Amazon and Salesforce telling their offices in Seattle and San Francisco to work remotely.

That is an interesting curveball to save those who are running over miles on their existing leases to save their (mine included) asses:)

I believe companies here and there are telling employees to WFH. Definitely will help those that are over miles that drive to work everyday, but not all companies are WFH indefinite. I have seen ranges from rest of the week to WFH from now till August.

Half of my office is pretending that they’re sick and working from home.

I’m so sick of responding to Coronavirus impact emails from FCA/GM.

12 Likes

I can see major effects coming in the next few weeks/months with inventory. A lot of production has halted. What are dealers to do if they have no cars to sell? GM is saying they can continue production as usually until late March. That’s coming up soon.

I’m just wondering how many miles would that be saving and gas budget:)

for me that would be about 45 miles a day on my Ioniq or 250+ per week.

Two weeks and that a road trip to Washington on saved miles!

Most Chinese factories are reopening as the number of cases there are dropping significantly…don’t see this being too much of an issue in the coming months

4 Likes

My company is COVID-free, surprisingly, even in China. That being said, a bunch of us live in Westchester (myself included), so if you want to stay home, you can. I’m in Florida right now, and as much as I dislike Florida, I’m on hold with JetBlue to change my flight because being stuck in a large apartment building with tons of people coming and going each day and having asthma anyway…I’d rather just stick it out with my parents. I miss my car, though.

3 Likes

What no one is talking about is healthcare workers. I work for a very large Hospice provider. A vast majority of our care is provided at the bed side in people’s homes. Our patient care staff can’t WFH even if we wanted them to.

With that all being said people need to relax. The only serious threat here is hysteria and recession.

5 Likes

Ok, Since this is leasing forum I’m trying to stick to the topic:) which is essentially the miles you aren’t driving while on quarantine:)

this is in the off ramp section and the title is coronavirus effects. Not coronavirus effects on your leases miles .

3 Likes

The general public is stupid, went to costco today, and yeah the toilet paper was sold out…WTF. I’ve got a trip to Hawaii at the end of the month, if it gets screwed up I’m going to be pissed. The only thing good about this is I am going to refinance my house and save some :moneybag:

13 Likes

Right! That is true.

That can some explain me the toilet paper madness??? Diarrhea is not one of the virus simptoms.

1 Like

Even though it’s at least the third thread on this topic

I already WFH home when I am home. But I am not flying 6000 miles a week, 2-4 times a month. I can reduce my carbon offsets.

Humans are mostly stupid. Sorry :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Also coronavirus is a category of virus, you meant COVID-19, this specific coronavirus.

How many pairs of socks do you have?

2 Likes

People love doing what other people do . thats why fads and these ridiculous social media challenges pick up steam. So the folks who think they are going to be locked in their house for 2 months and go out and buy 2 years worth of toilet paper. The other people at the supermarket see their cart full of TP and don’t want to be left out so they rush the TP isle to do the same. You get the point .

1 Like

As long as the flight isn’t cancelled, should be fine

Btw, air travel would probably be awesome now with any status to be automatically upgraded into business class on a 1/3 full plane😀

1 Like

We are on vacation in South Carolina and while not soldout, virtually the entire TP section in the local Walmart was empty…unreal!

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve such shopping sprees during any of the hurricanes or other upcoming disasters.
But toilet paper shortage should be a meme for the year.

1 Like