Continuing conversation on Trusted Hackrs nomination process

While I get that, most new users that come to this forum will not take it to mean that. They would take that to mean not to be trusted instead of they aren’t trusted YET since they wouldn’t be familar with the terminilogy of this forum.

I don’t want to call them Un-trusted or ex-trusted, a good middle ground would be nice. I’m trying to come up with a name and will post it when I do.

1 Like

Trusted Again (hackr formerly known as Un-Trusted)

Untrusted Again (hackr formerly known as Trusted, formerly known as Un-Trusted)

Huh? If anything, posting about it publicly invites retaliation (not like it’s gonna happen lmao), rather than if he privately messaged the admins

1 Like

If you don’t name names, the vast majority of regular users won’t know who you’re talking about, though

I’ll disagree with that part.

However It’s his prerogative on what he wants to call out, he is voicing his opinion, and keeping names out so nobody gets embarrassed or angry.

It was kept vague to see if normal members felt that they had negative experiences with trusteds in general, not necessarily the one person dealers and brokers have an issue with.

I feel like even though we may be more educated on the ins and outs of leasing sometimes members and trusted hackers can be too short / unforgiving with new members.

4 Likes

Lol, I’m still curious on understanding your logic about this

Publicly calling somebody out opens a new can of worms that is probably detrimental to both the member calling somebody out and the member being called out.

I’m not disagreeing with the private message but I’m saying he’s voicing his opinion in a way that doesn’t call out somebody.

I have no problems with any of the Mods. I just stay on my own little Island over here :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

I’m 100% with you but

Whereas a regular member can kind of just avoid newbies or topics the TH really can’t… it’s almost a responsibility for them, they get frustrated or tired of the same stuff and lash out. It’s simply human nature, and with the internet and just a “random person” on the internet it’s so easy to write somebody off.

The point would be to limit the amount of moderators and increase or add more “veteran hackrs” to be able to put the newbies at ease, and avoid newbies feeling offended and TH feeling tired and frustrated.

1 Like

I’m in 2 minds about raising my head above the parapet but I know what @ethanrs is talking about. In the last few months I would say I’ve seen more threads turn toxic than before, and often due to the comments of one or more trusted hackr. A lot of those posts were from new members and the responses were unnecessary blunt or rude. What made it worse is sometimes you’d see multiple trusted hackrs pile on.

This place is a weird setup of volunteers, business interests, stakeholders, etc but if I was paying money to get business (as a broker/dealer) here I would want a higher level of what is effectively customer service. Ultimately trusted hackrs are the people who keep this forum going but while it’s a thankless task moderating you can’t have people behaving rudely and no one doing or saying anything about it.

3 Likes

I don’t want to speak for everyone, but I have seen users turn on nearly every TH at one point or another if they don’t like the answer, no matter how polite or correct the answer is. Sometimes it’s “have you tried searching?”, sometimes “have you checked Edmunds?”, sometimes it’s “you really have to ask your CPA/lawyer” or “nobody has seen your credit report so nobody here can tell you”.

(Now watch what I do here) I understand you are going for the general case here, you may need to be a little more specific.

5 Likes

Another point of discussion I want to bring up: I think anyone with multiple LH accounts should be disqualified for TH.

Whether we keep or split up the moderation duties themselves, one of the things that contributes significantly to that are sock puppets. I personally don’t think they should be allowed as users on LH once caught, but at the very least they shouldn’t have elevated privileges.

9 Likes

This is true, there are few members on here with multiple accounts and the hypocrisy is real with some of the folks complaining about the TH’s.

Everyone wants to be heard and feel superior in some ways, I guess.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have a few suspicions… I think this should lead to immediate disqualification.

2 Likes

Right. To be clear, I’m not talking about disclosed/known (eg Electric/IAC), but we have caught people with multiple accounts. It’s a fair bit of forensics when it happens to verify, which I believe is why we don’t investigate every suspicious case until it becomes a problem.

But to your excellent point, it happens more than people probably think.

My proposal here is: if you have been caught (past or future), you are ineligible.

That’s a simple ip check tbh, not very hard anyway.

What’s the point of concurrent multiple accounts tho? First I have heard about this.

What do you think is the purpose of these 2nd accounts.

Can you expand on this? This is merely a suggestions thread, it was not meant to be a complaint thread, I understand some people want to voice their opinions.

This is not a hate on TH thread, I have seen more benefit to this thread than detriment, half the thread isn’t even criticizing anybody but rather making valid points at the system.

This is true, some people take things the wrong way… especially new users but I have seen it go both ways, backhanded comments that were unnecessary, interjection into a discussion with a snarky comment, I’m not saying any of the TH are genuinely detrimental to the forum rather some are better as mods and some are more knowledgeable and thus the distinction should exist.

Imo something new would make it easier for mods to moderate and experienced hackrs to give out knowledge.

1 Like

Not true at all. Wifi vs cellular, VPN. Very easy to mask.

You tell me, 2pac. I never understood it. Every post I’ve made here has been from this account.

3 Likes

As opposed to continuing to make new accounts after being banned, like you do?

2 Likes