Continuing conversation on Trusted Hackrs nomination process

I may be wrong, but it seems like he’s been active for the past 3 months only, and most of the posts were about LT1

There is literally nobody else to nominate lol

Unless you want to make me a trusted hacker :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

And here the Bolts go…!

That’s what I said before. And you are disqualified by default.

I know, I was agreeing with your previous statement.

1 Like

Agreed…activity and involvement levels would be something like novice, rookie, veteran, elite.

This is different than moderation rights. I would say users with high activity and involvement levels do make good nominees for trusted hackers.

1 Like

Yes and no.

No because I think that incentivizing post count isn’t an effective way to judge who is knowledgeable and who isn’t.

Yes because I think there are a bunch of inactive mods who are knowledgeable but just inactive af. Similarly to be honest we don’t need more mods, more trusted hackrs isn’t a bad thing, I think there are a bunch of people who are “veteran hackrs” who give good advice but aren’t necessarily active or want to take on moderator responsibilities.

1 Like

So essentially an advisor with no moderation rights. Maybe a call it a “vetted hacker”?

trusted_mod (limited) and trusted_hackr (unlimited)

1 Like

Again hate to agree with this guy but he just hit the nail on the head.

There’s only really a finite amount of mods that are needed anyway, I would say somewhere from 5-10… maybe as load expands 10-15.

1 Like

I don’t see the point in having mods + trusted hackrs. There should just be one group, and they should be moderators

6 Likes

I hated to agree with you first, so you lose.
Besides, you did not really hate to agree with me in your earlier post.

Fair point, you stand here… and I’ll stand here

We can still agree on this subject though :skull:

3/4 of the current trusteds don’t moderate

2 Likes

Isn’t that why we’re having a new nomination process from scratch?

@Lazarus I see your thought process.

The trusteds are quite active in providing advice and reviewing posts in ask the hackers. This is really valuable to the community. They also manage forum content with limited privileges

I agree it would be a good idea to have some vetted or trusted advisor role in Leasehackr whom lacks privileges and is vetted to provide guidance to users as a supplement to the trusted hackers who have privileges. This would really bring value in the “ask the hackers” section. As well as reduce the workload in a way.

Well, if we drop inactive ones and replace with… I don’t know who, then yes. But I think all current ones should stay, moderating or not.

Correct. Trusted Hackrs are users recognized for their contributions and knowledge. And because we trust them, they are granted limited moderation privileges that they may use as necessary (e.g., slowing down a topic, moving posts to the right topic).

3 Likes

Right. You can be active on the forum as a Trusted Hackr without moderating.

4 Likes

This one is a slippery slope, I don’t think the forum needs sub forum mods tbh.

I will say if brokers can moderate their own thread that would save all of the mods a lot of hassle and probably make brokers happier.