Considering Selling Leased Venza to Driveway

Driveway made a nice initial offer for my 21 venza. They say it’s no problem to buy out the lease from TFS. Anyone have experience with selling a TFS lease? Driveway?

You good, it’s all clear sailing on a TFS lease

How many other offers did you get?

Offers from Carvana and 2 dealerships. I’ll get an offer from Carmax this week, I need to take it in they won’t give an offer online for my car. Driveway’s offer was substantially higher so far. I had a jeep dealership tell me today that Toyota doesn’t allow 3rd party buyouts, which I didn’t think was accurate.

Get more offers. Copy/paste your VIN, don’t use your real telephone number.

Click on “I own the car” to speed up getting multiple offers, you don’t need to enter payoff information until you choose who you’re selling it to.

Just finished the process selling to Driveway. I have to say I was skeptical throughout, but in the end it was very smooth. They offered 4k more than carmax, carvana and auto nation. Equity was 9,400… Original msrp was 33k, sold it for 35k. It’s going to a Ford dealer in Detroit Metro, how are they making money?

1 Like

I have exact the same car that has 8 months left. Tempted to sell… what did you get to replace it?

Ended up leasing a pathinder S. 18/12 first at signing. 390 monthly, which is more than I wanted to spend but I need the space too carry work equipment.

I have a 21 Venza I am trying to sale so I can get something bigger. What were your offers?

Carmax Carvana 31k, auto nation 32k, most dealerships and algo were less. Driveway was 35,300.

If it’s similar equity how is this even something you need to consider for more that 5 seconds?

I need a second car, so I need to find a replacement. Any suggestions?

I just checked and Driveway is offering $35K on my LE, which is 10K worth of equity. It looks like I am being paid to drive that car. Any way to lease Jeep GC 4xe for $400 or similar? It looks like I got lots of work to do.

@Tim_Zinanni, did you get your MSDs from Toyota? How long did the process take? Did you replace your Venza with another lease?

I didn’t use MSD’s with the Venza. The process took me about 2 weeks however it could have been faster, the delays were on me. Realistically the process could be completed in 7-10 business days. Once I accepted the initial online offer someone followed up the next day. I completed their "inspection " ( uploaded pics etc.) My offer actually increased following this step. Documents were mailed overnight. I utilized the entire 72 hours that they provided to return them. I could’ve signed and returned them the same day. Since I live outside of their service area, a third party transport was used. They received my signed docs on a Friday and my car was picked up the following Tuesday. Since my bank accepts Real Time Payments (RTP) I was able to text pics of my venza being loaded onto the trailer and my equity was deposited within 5 mins. They say if your bank does not accept RTP you will see the money deposited in 3-5 business days.

Make sure that doesn’t include msds. If not that’s almost 300 per month towards a new lease. So even a gc 4xe at 550/600 a month isn’t bad. Or if you like the car you could just buy it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.