Considering Accord Sport Lease

Why would you overpay for a Honda, good deal or not? A Volvo S60 comes with leatherette in the momentum trim. Sensatec is vinyl and standard in most lower trims of BMWs, and Lexus has NuLuxe.

2 Likes

I was thinking sport 2.0 for my next lease but that’s over 2 years away, with numbers near $400 I’ll see if I can extend my lease 6 months or so.

that’s $675 (or about $20/month) better than your OP; not much left on the bone.
also a new quarter arrives in july; lower residuals likely, crap shoot on the MF

SoCal is definitely one of the most competitive areas for Honda. No idea what Detroit is like.

Yeah, it ended OK. I think July 9 brings a better deal because of Honda Finance.

I’m guessing 1% down on residuals. Interest rates are dropping. There seems to be a lot of inventory in my region. I expect better incentives and a better MF. I don’t expect the combination of what they do will make the lease worse starting on July 9.

We’re still the HQ and technical hub to the 3 biggest US car manufacturers. There’s not a lot of love for foreign cars here. A “big” Chevy or Ford dealer probably stocks 3-4 times more inventory than a “big” Toyota or Honda dealer.

Loving the education I’m getting here. And now I get to do some more research…

I just helped @mlouro get one for $316/month including all fees and 7% tax with only first payment DAS

5 Likes

What was the price before taxes on the 2.0 sport you got for him?

@Bostoncarconcierge Holy smokes. Metro Detroit needs a you.

1 Like

@Benedetto is one of the best in the business and he’s local to Detroit I think!

2 Likes

His tax rate is 7%

Followed this thread all the way down. I’m getting offers of $340 for a silver or black 2.0 at Valley Honda. I was gonna buy today but in agreement with some of the responses, it’s pretty difficult to do when you see 4 series loaners @ $350 and under with $1k down and fees. (This particular model drives like shizzle though).
Almost same deal I was offered on Accord. All these ‘deals’ are in burbs of Chicago. Ironically, Acura is practically giving away the ILX and 2019 4 cylinder TLX. The ILX offer I got on an ASPEC silver in color was $269 with fees plus 1st months. I’m about to say screw it and just get a mustang @ a ridiculously bad lease rate because at least I’ll have exactly what I want

1 Like

4s drive great when they have MSport goodies.

1 Like

ha… at Msport prices.

It’s cause they’re mierda.

:bat:

2 Likes

My first car was a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. …In 2008. I think I know mierda when I see it

2 Likes

Hey now, those could be turned into fun machines provided you had more money than sense or a strong mechanical inclination.

Blown 3800 swaps with small pulleys make for great fun and are a dime a dozen if you manage to chip some pistons (E-blended gas or straight xylene to boost octane can help)

ILX aspec at $269? That’s very impressive. I was telling people you could get the base ILX for $250 and no one said it was possible so an ASPEC at that price sounds good. I see rarely any new ILXs in the road and I think that’s why you are getting such a lease number.

$340 on.a Honda 2.0 sport is pretty good, the other day the salesman told me the 1.5s were leasing in the mid 300’s. I laughed… but like you said BMW loaners at that price would be the better call.

Is that on 1.5 or 2.0 because that picture is NOT a 2.0 sport…

And $316 is too high on a 1.5 sport…

Would you mind elaborating why that’s too much including all taxes and fees rolled w only first DAS
36-12 manual tranny

I respectfully disagree but would like to get your thoughts

Because he got a :unicorn: so therefore everyone else who doesn’t get a :unicorn: is overpaying and dumb. Duh!

2 Likes