Considering Accord Sport Lease

This is for an Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT.

This feels like more than I should pay. It feels like we’re in Lexus ES 350 or BMW 3-series loaner territory.

That aside, I’m trying to figure out if this is a good lease deal on this particular vehicle. If it seems like a good deal, I’ll probably do it.

MSRP: $31,630
Discount: $2,700
Selling Price: $28,930
Acquisition Fee: $595
Gross Cap Cost: $29,525
Incentives: $1,050 ($300 lease cash & $750 loyalty)
Net Cap Cost: $28,475 (90% of MSRP)
Residual: $17,397 (36/15 = 55%)
DAS: $663 (First & fees)
Monthly Payment: $380

Not 10% off? No deal.

1 Like

27-28k selling price

1 Like

The incentives are tiny. All you can do at this point is push for a bigger discount. I know I wouldn’t pay $380 for an Accord, even though I really like them.

@Electric 10% off for selling price, yes? So if the discount were $3163 or better, it’s more reasonable?

@chrishs2000 You really think we’re getting under $28k selling price on a $31,600 Honda?

Actual Cost after incentives is right around $26,900…so if you’re at 27,900 after lease cash and loyalty it’s not a bad deal…2.0 sport is not a particularly strong lease program. What area are you in?

@PCAUTOGROUP I’m in the Detroit area. I don’t see a Lease Cash on the deal sheet. I see state tax on incentives that works its way back to $750.

from edmunds (for 36/12k):
" .00118 and 58% (1.5T) or 57% (2.0T)
$300 incentive"

so for 36/15: MF 0.00118 and 55% are correct;
you might be able to squeeze a bit more being last day of the quarter

Sorry I was referring to the $300 incentive…just another name for the captive lease cash in this case…The $750 and the $300 are nontaxable incentives. It’s a deal I would do here in NY for about $500 less. You might find a dealer to save you another thousand if they are pushing at the end of the month for deals

Thanks, @PCAUTOGROUP. In Michigan, apparently we get to tax the $750. They included the $300 Lease Cash in the discount.

Nobody wanted to push to make a deal today. I’m going to wait to see what Honda does with the next round of incentives, and hope it’s better instead of worse. I know Honda isn’t really “hackable”. I’m just trying to be sure I get the best deal I can, aside from lucking into the dealer who is 1 car away from the next level of kickback from Honda.

Who knows… maybe I’ll go drive an ES350 and see what I think of those.

I had 4 dealers in MI quote me under $28k on my 2.0T 6MT. And that was when they first came out. So yeah. Reach out to sales managers directly and make them an offer.

I feel like the deal on these was the 18’s when they were blowing them out, now Honda has adjusted production so no deals to be had.

1 Like

If you’re shopping for a deal don’t get a Honda. If you’re shopping for a Honda then fapfapfapfap

2 Likes

Forget the 10 speed Auto…go yoself the 6MT… :muscle:

Forget the 10 speed Auto…go yoself the 6MT…

Already have a manual sports car to play with. This one will become the daily driver.

If you’re shopping for a deal don’t get a Honda. If you’re shopping for a Honda then fapfapfapfap

So that’s not so bad a deal?

I had 4 dealers in MI quote me under $28k on my 2.0T 6MT. And that was when they first came out. So yeah. Reach out to sales managers directly and make them an offer.

I hadn’t considered contacting sales managers directly, though I guess I’ve seen reference to it here. Hmm…

The last dealer standing got to $27,800, or about 88% of MSRP, between discount and incentives. Not quite enough for me to do it.

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I hope to make another run at this, just better this time, once the July incentives are announced.

You could also shop other brands. There are plenty of cars in the $350-$400 range.

With the lease cash and loyalty cash my max discount would be in the $4300-$4400 range

1 Like

Ya check this 52k 4-door out!

(2019 BMW 430i Gran Coupe loaners ~$315+tax + ~$2k DAS available in Midwest region)

If only you weren’t over 2,000 miles away! :innocent: But thank you for the info nonetheless. That will certainly inform my deal. I suspect some of that is enabled by super high volume, the likes of which Honda stores in the Detroit area probably don’t do?

I could widen the net some. I have some self-imposed requirements that knock out most luxury models that lease in that range… like avoiding leather. I also like that car and the brand a lot.

My goal is to know I’m getting a good deal on that car; not necessarily to “hack” a lease on a random vehicle opportunistically.

In MD I was getting offered 27,5k on a 6MT Sport 2.0T back in November. I think that’s still possible today.