Considering Accord Sport Lease

If you’re shopping for a deal don’t get a Honda. If you’re shopping for a Honda then fapfapfapfap

2 Likes

Forget the 10 speed Auto…go yoself the 6MT… :muscle:

Forget the 10 speed Auto…go yoself the 6MT…

Already have a manual sports car to play with. This one will become the daily driver.

If you’re shopping for a deal don’t get a Honda. If you’re shopping for a Honda then fapfapfapfap

So that’s not so bad a deal?

I had 4 dealers in MI quote me under $28k on my 2.0T 6MT. And that was when they first came out. So yeah. Reach out to sales managers directly and make them an offer.

I hadn’t considered contacting sales managers directly, though I guess I’ve seen reference to it here. Hmm…

The last dealer standing got to $27,800, or about 88% of MSRP, between discount and incentives. Not quite enough for me to do it.

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I hope to make another run at this, just better this time, once the July incentives are announced.

You could also shop other brands. There are plenty of cars in the $350-$400 range.

With the lease cash and loyalty cash my max discount would be in the $4300-$4400 range

1 Like

Ya check this 52k 4-door out!

(2019 BMW 430i Gran Coupe loaners ~$315+tax + ~$2k DAS available in Midwest region)

If only you weren’t over 2,000 miles away! :innocent: But thank you for the info nonetheless. That will certainly inform my deal. I suspect some of that is enabled by super high volume, the likes of which Honda stores in the Detroit area probably don’t do?

I could widen the net some. I have some self-imposed requirements that knock out most luxury models that lease in that range… like avoiding leather. I also like that car and the brand a lot.

My goal is to know I’m getting a good deal on that car; not necessarily to “hack” a lease on a random vehicle opportunistically.

In MD I was getting offered 27,5k on a 6MT Sport 2.0T back in November. I think that’s still possible today.

Why would you overpay for a Honda, good deal or not? A Volvo S60 comes with leatherette in the momentum trim. Sensatec is vinyl and standard in most lower trims of BMWs, and Lexus has NuLuxe.

2 Likes

I was thinking sport 2.0 for my next lease but that’s over 2 years away, with numbers near $400 I’ll see if I can extend my lease 6 months or so.

that’s $675 (or about $20/month) better than your OP; not much left on the bone.
also a new quarter arrives in july; lower residuals likely, crap shoot on the MF

SoCal is definitely one of the most competitive areas for Honda. No idea what Detroit is like.

Yeah, it ended OK. I think July 9 brings a better deal because of Honda Finance.

I’m guessing 1% down on residuals. Interest rates are dropping. There seems to be a lot of inventory in my region. I expect better incentives and a better MF. I don’t expect the combination of what they do will make the lease worse starting on July 9.

We’re still the HQ and technical hub to the 3 biggest US car manufacturers. There’s not a lot of love for foreign cars here. A “big” Chevy or Ford dealer probably stocks 3-4 times more inventory than a “big” Toyota or Honda dealer.

Loving the education I’m getting here. And now I get to do some more research…

I just helped @mlouro get one for $316/month including all fees and 7% tax with only first payment DAS

5 Likes

What was the price before taxes on the 2.0 sport you got for him?

@Bostoncarconcierge Holy smokes. Metro Detroit needs a you.

1 Like

@Benedetto is one of the best in the business and he’s local to Detroit I think!

2 Likes

His tax rate is 7%

Followed this thread all the way down. I’m getting offers of $340 for a silver or black 2.0 at Valley Honda. I was gonna buy today but in agreement with some of the responses, it’s pretty difficult to do when you see 4 series loaners @ $350 and under with $1k down and fees. (This particular model drives like shizzle though).
Almost same deal I was offered on Accord. All these ‘deals’ are in burbs of Chicago. Ironically, Acura is practically giving away the ILX and 2019 4 cylinder TLX. The ILX offer I got on an ASPEC silver in color was $269 with fees plus 1st months. I’m about to say screw it and just get a mustang @ a ridiculously bad lease rate because at least I’ll have exactly what I want

1 Like

4s drive great when they have MSport goodies.

1 Like