Considering a Tesla Model 3 finance option

you wouldn’t keep the tesla past the lease stage? why not?

Not leasing-I purchased, was referring to the WARRANTY stage… because it will cost a LOT to fix if anything breaks (they have a extended service but only on X and S models) and planning on buying the Cybertruck when it is released

It probably depends on location-but watch this TFL video of their Tesla repair ordeal… maybe Metro areas will have a lot more approved shops- I wouldn’t really worry about repairs etc cause I have a second vehicle already to use…

how long have you owned? and what term did you go with 72 mos?

I bought it Sep 2020, 72 months $8K down, through Tesla website for seamless transaction (Wells-Fargo 4.65%)-just refinanced in May at 2.81% with Capital One

I never knew you can refi, I thought you’re stuck with tesla from the start… how did you go about refi?

That’s the common thread that always excuses Tesla BS repair strategy. That and $100 uber credit. Where I live I can go through $100 credit before noon, few weeks ago took an Uber to a meeting because I didn’t feel like driving, cost me twice that one way. Any other dealer I’ve dealt with if they had no loaner, they got a rental on their dime, but for Tesla it’s ok to give Uber credit? I want to see posts if a BMW or MB dealership pulled a stunt like that.

I did it on Cap.One website-I already have accounts with them…maybe a credit union can be an option and better rates-but my initial thing was to just do everything through tesla first, then refi

IDK-maybe I am just humble and not picky-Not defending Tesla per se, I haven’t had that luck with Dodge when I serviced my Hellcat or my RT, nor any of my Chevy or Ford cars…they offered a rental but on my dime or a courtesy shuttle ride, Mercedes-they gave me a loaner when I serviced

so their 2.49% listed on the site is BS?

If you have “excellent” credit score at the time you apply-you will get the 2.49, they also add some % points on the back end so they get a kick-back from the bank :face_with_thermometer:

Jeez, how about applying with a third party bank from the get go rather than going thru them? is that possible?

You can bring your own financing-that’s not a problem just like with any other dealership

hows that possible after ordering the car on the site?

Start the process online and they will guide you to it… it’s an option, as long as you have your loans through your financial institution before pick up of the car

None of my business, but based on your questions and comments about model Y being too much, did you think getting ANY car on a loan through. Forget my feelings about Tesla specifically, it sounds like you are about to F yourself up for 72 months. If I’m wrong, I apologize, but if I’m even remotely right, stop and think about what you are about to do, how much it’s going to cost you long term, risk analysis, etc…

Good point, I am trying to get all the numbers before I get myself in trouble here…

That being said… just get a '22 BOLT lease and be done for the next 36 months :call_me_hand: for the money it is a great commuter car…

4 Likes

That’s until you start driving on rough pavement. The MY feels like it has no shocks when going over bumps.

3 Likes

so the hub caps can be removed on the standard wheels?

1 Like

On-point citation:

This quote convinces me @mllcb42 is moonlighting on us:

Blah blah right-to-repair

1 Like