Considering a Tesla Model 3 finance option

Were you able to find one where it’s kind of straight forward or did you have to measure everything ? I feel like i don’t wanna bother if I have to measure and align everything lol

Thank you for the picure, I finally figured out what was bothering me about model 3 look from the back.

3 Likes

Yeah-the thing is if you drive it you will never have to see it from that side :crazy_face:

not a big fan of its interior either. I like my buttons, levers, HUD and android auto. If I had to buy an EV right this second, Tesla wouldn’t be on the list.

A model 3 lease costs nearly 20k for three years if you add up the numbers. If having more number of cars in three years can affect depreciation, you might as well grab a base Taycan. I am assuming a base Taycan will hold its value quite well, probably 60k in three years?

so you think financing is a better way to go?

1. Congress might pass some bill at some point in time to include Tesla for federal EV rebates. But, this has been in discussion for quite a while. As of now, it will not be part of the bipartisan infrastructure bill. But, who knows what could happen!. There is a chance that at some point, it will happen. But again, we don’t know how much that rebate will be. And we don’t know if Tesla will adjust price by then. Depending on that, depreciation on Tesla will have to adjust.
  2. If you buy base Model 3, your total OTD price will be 45-46k (destination, title, average tax). In three years, can we expect a 2021 model 3 to be priced at 25k in used market? Or, let’s say you are not planning to sell the car for another 5 years. What would be the price of Tesla by then? 20k? Does that depreciation sound good?

Wait a minute lol, from a model 3 to a Taycan? That’s quite a jump
Look at 2017-2018 Model 3 used numbers, they’re definitely not 25k. Even before the crazy used prices they were not 25k.

2 Likes

Model 3 is in demand now because Model Y is just ramping up. Model 3 was the entry level Tesla. But, in coming years, Model Y will get cheaper, and it will be the best selling car in US as per Musk for 2022. So, eventually Model 3 will start depreciating more. Model Y will take the place that Model 3 used to keep in the used Tesla market. This is just my prediction. may or may not happen. I don’t think there is any other sedan in US that’s holding its value as good as Model 3. Once Model Y gets in, I strongly feel that it will change…

It’ll be interesting to see what happens as all the leased model 3s that can’t be bought out flood the market soon after lease returns go back to tesla.

Of course, old model 3s may get a nice price bump for people that don’t want to beta test a radar-free system.

1 Like

Just to clarify. leasing is better only if the used value goes below 25k. So long as it is 25k or higher, buying is better…

Almost all these cars have FSD hardware. These days, Tesla adds the FSD into these used cars while selling them at a premium price. So, effectively it’s free money for Tesla.

IIHS just tested it and it got the Top Safety Pick+ on the radarless Model 3.

And? Iihs rating or not, I have seen an awful lot of people complaining about poor performance from the radar less systems. I know if I was in the market, I wouldn’t want the version missing parts because tesla wanted to pass off a part shortage as a feature.

2 Likes

Also note that the ratings says it applies to model 3s produced before may of 21.

2 Likes

Think about it from the point of view of a regular consumer. How many follow this? And out of those who follow, how many brainlessly believe everything that Musk says. Musk said radar is not necessary, then radar is not necessary.

He also said yokes are a good thing and there’s been a lot of pushback on that.

True, but that’s because he put it in the most expensive model. If he put that crap into model 3/Y the army of trolls would have paraded it like it’s the best thing ever.

1 Like

Oh, there’s still a troll army touting it as a gift from God, but there seems to be some amount of reality breaching the lines.

1 Like

Picked up our '21 Model Y Performance June 1st. We were planning on being a one car family.

My wife doesn’t share well. We ordered a '21 Model S LR (not Plaid) yesterday.

We didn’t finance.