Consider the troll

Trolls thrive on being given attention.

Making fun of trolls only serves to embolden the heathen creature.

Correcting the troll makes no difference, the point is not the purpose of this malignant being.

Trolls die when they are deprived of their vital life force, the oxygen of attention generation.

So, please, consider the troll.

18 Likes

Kinda surprised it feels like this is most people’s first troll. At first he played the part of a common moron pretty well, but he had to start doubling down to keep getting his rocks off. And now it’s just too obvious

3 Likes

Problem is when he starts “educating” new members and giving ass advice.

Mind boggling how the owners of this forum pretend to be absolutely blind to this and ignore.

2 Likes

this feels like a LinkedIn post

2 Likes

::Taps the sign::

2 Likes

The owners have largely given up, as the prospects of building this into a substantial business have all but collapsed and their efforts are almost certainly more monetizable in other ventures. I imagine brokers are going to start realizing this too, but maybe I am wrong.

1 Like

I actually strongly suspect that the user will not disappear so easily b/c they are interacting w/ (and get validation from) newer and unsuspecting posters, but I agree that there is not really much of a point in directly interacting w/ this user. I think it is possible to correct the information w/o using the quote feature (which alters the user that someone is interacting w/ them).

2 Likes

He’s now posting Black Book values in the MMR thread. I thought it was mildly amusing at first, but it is getting out of hand now.

2 Likes

Thank you for being a champion in liking my posts. Mixhelle5433 is distant second, with only half the likes received from you. Even though you are two faced, as evidenced by your above post, but I still wanted to keep my grace and thank you for those likes. :slight_smile:

Capture

OP sort of defeats the purpose by doing opposite of what he preaches, opening a hole new thread dedicated to so called “troll”, with dozens of others venting their desire to ignore the “troll”. Perhaps, the real purpose is not to ignore anyone at all (or else, why create this topic and thread), but to force or manipulate the site owners to ban someone who expresses unorthodox opinions which fanatical Ayatollahs of LH can’t live with. Hence, one must be vilified and called a troll, and this must gain “public support” as a self-made, cooked up pretext for banning the user whose opinions you can’t agree with.

The guy is here for attention and self validation, obviously. And also insecure AF.

4 Likes

Suppose I was. That would still be none of your EFFING business.

He definitely drives slow in the left lane.

6 Likes

Why dafuq was @IAC liking Eric’s posts?

What did I miss to trigger such a post?

He likes every post. I even mentioned before how he likes one post and completely opposite reply next to it. No idea what’s wrong with the guy lol

1 Like

Must admit the one redeeming aspect of the troll in question is the fantastic meme content that’s come out as a result. Largely thanks to @Ursus

TD;DR version: relatively new user who is possibly neuro atypical writes incredibly long and overly-detailed posts (w/ no paragraph breaks!) that are obsessional, repetitive, and often contain really, REALLY erroneous information and is causing regulars’ heads to explode.

3 Likes

Dad, is that you?

Speaking of that, when was it made super supporter only. :thinking: I had noticed that awhile back.