Confused car fax/Auto history report -Appreciate your response and help

I bought this car, it is a personal leased vehicle on Jan 7th,2019. but not paying quiet attention to the vehicle two times offered for sale by dealership and there is a mileage difference of 6k between these 2 sales , but only one owner is reported in car fax and auto history report. When i checked with sales man, he said it is a leased vehicle initally and then it got trade in. But i’m confused on how it was offered for sale on 6/23/18 at mileage 38,572 and without being sold again vehicle for sale listed at 43k at 1/4/2019. Appreciate your response on this.

as per the report ,it looks like service only once during the lease period. Also the car was almost 3k less than the price around the same year,make and model. Also the auto history shows Body work performed. So bit scary whats going on with it. The car gives a bit strange sound when accelerate and decelerate if more than 30mph, when checked the sales man said it was sports model , hence that sound . It is 2015 accord sport, but when i test drove the same year model car at another location to make sure it is common , i dont hear a helicopter/scooter sound. Wondering if its a lemon car.

08/14/2015 Community Honda
Orland Park, IL
708-364-2600
communityhonda.com Vehicle offered for sale
08/19/2015 Community Honda
Orland Park, IL
708-364-2600
communityhonda.com Pre-delivery inspection completed
Mud flaps/splash guards installed
Wheel locks installed
09/01/2015 3 Community Honda
Orland Park, IL
708-364-2600
communityhonda.com Vehicle sold
09/01/2015 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept. Vehicle purchase reported
Titled or registered as personal lease vehicle
09/21/2015 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Homer Glen, IL
Title #152646984070 Title issued or updated
Registration issued or renewed
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported
Vehicle color noted as Black
03/14/2016 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Homer Glen, IL Registration issued or renewed
08/31/2016 13,584 Community Honda
Orland Park, IL
708-364-2600
communityhonda.com Maintenance inspection completed
Computer reprogrammed
03/22/2017 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
02/20/2018 33,385 Community Honda
Orland Park, IL
708-364-2600
communityhonda.com Maintenance inspection completed
04/07/2018 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
06/23/2018 38,572 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
06/25/2018 Community Honda
Orland Park, IL
708-364-2600
communityhonda.com Vehicle washed/detailed
Air filter replaced
Cabin air filter replaced/cleaned
Oil and filter changed
07/09/2018 38,589 Community Honda
Orland Park, IL
708-364-2600
communityhonda.com Wheel(s) repaired
08/22/2018 Community Honda
Orland Park, IL
708-364-2600
communityhonda.com Vehicle serviced
01/04/2019 43,251 Community Honda
Orland Park, IL
708-364-2600
communityhonda.com Vehicle washed/detailed
01/04/2019 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale

Probably manager or employee demo.

But more importantly, this thing was only serviced once during it’s lease?!

1 Like

as per the report ,it looks like service only once during the lease period. Also the car was almost 3k less than the price around the same year,make and model. Also the auto history shows Body work performed. So bit scary whats going on with it. The car gives a bit strange sound when accelerate and decelerate if more than 30mph, when checked the sales man said it was sports model , hence that sound . It is 2015 accord sport, but when i test drove the same year model car at another location to make sure it is common , i dont hear a helicopter/scooter sound. Wondering if its a lemon car.

Where is “body work” listed? I can’t find it.

You bought an as-is, where-is used car. Which was probably beaten to death as a lease and then beaten some more by dealership staff. Lemon law only applies to new vehicles.

The salesman said it made a noise because it was a sport model :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The folks over at www.driveaccord.net can help you better.

the noise is barely noticable, even my friends and others can’t recognize the noise, they are saying everything is fine. I’m taking to the nearby honda delaership to do a 135 check point , also more concerned on the report.

Here is the screenshot of Auto history report.

Another case of, why did you ask AFTER buying it? This doesn’t look like a car that I would personally buy with that history.

All evidence points to a questionable car with a shady history. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it now.

I never believe documents (AutoVIN, CarFAX, etc) given to me by a selling dealer.

Always have done a Pre Purchase Inspection by my mechanic - even on a CPO car.
CPO means nothing these days - body panels could have been replaced and still CPOed.
Treat all used/driven/demo/loaner cars as used.

1 Like

I’m still wondering what would make this vehicle a lemon? A loaner maybe, but a lemon?

135 point check won’t do you a bit of good if the oil was actually only changed once in 38k miles. Hopefully it was done at an independent shop or DIY. If you plan to keep it long term I would get a used oil analysis done on it.

“Body work” can mean anything. They could have repainted the entire car, or they could have replaced a headlight bulb. You’d have to call the dealer to get the actual service record.

Auto vin is a joke. I saw an auto vin report of one of my previous leases, and according to it, I never serviced the car. Needless to say, I had free maintenance and took advantage of it as it was needed.

1 Like

Maybe it was free because they parked it in the service bay for a couple hours and didn’t do anything with it :stuck_out_tongue:

But really, yes, I have found that AutoVin is not very accurate.

Why are we even talking about purchased cars on a lease forum? :thinking:
Should at least move it to Off Ramp.

Make it happen, bear.

I’d just close it and unlisted :slight_smile:

1 Like

The vehicles history is not consistent and the vehicles was offered sale for 2 times between these 2 times there is 6k mileage difference…but how can they give it as a loaner when it is not registered under dealership as owner? Technically the car is driven by more than one owner if used as loaner, and dealership is selling with one owner.

Looks like they may have done their own service with the oil changes and air filter, but than why did they take it in towards the end of the lease for service to be performed? Doesn’t make sense, more signs point to abused by leasee.

Than dealership probably drove around with it for a few months, that’s 4 months and about 4k miles during that interim period, couldn’t sell it so they traded it to another dealership. I learned cars don’t get reassigned on these reports during auctions etc so it trades hands quite a bit and dealers don’t register the car so ownership never shows up.

I bought a used car from a shady dealer once, bit the bullet because I didn’t have time nor patience and even though my wife and I were both apprehensive about the deal we went ahead with it, and paid a pretty penny to end that saga. Usually, this type of story doesn’t end up good, the story behind the car isn’t going to be as important as what you can do to resolve the issues now, which mostly just means more money out of pocket, good luck OP.

Not sure what you’re saying, they can do whatever they want with it while it’s in dealer’s inventory. Just shlap dealer plates and go. As far as service gaps, it is possible they did their own oil changes or went to mom and pop shops.

1 Like

Unfortunately there is not much you can do if the car was already purchased and this site is used to help with leases. One thing I don’t understand is why are you looking at the reports now and not before purchasing the car? Accurate or not there are a lot questionable things on that report that show, you should have walked away.