Common Courtesy Goes a Long Way

My point wasn’t the few hundred dollars. If you get my deal beat, by all means. But why would you do this when it literally saves you nothing.

Glad to hear it.

In the meantime…

4 Likes

Don’t ask questions… it happened. After selling hundreds cars here, I can tell you some stories that will shock you. Some of them make you question humanity

7 Likes

Should open a thread on it. Would make a good read.

6 Likes

That’s funny!

Makes no sense at all. When people are on the hunt, they often lose sense of the big picture while digging through the small stuff, like RV’s and lowest possible MSRP.

I am willing to bet this forum attracts a certain kind of crazy, and you sellers get the pleasure of dealing with it in spades!

I already forgot his name.

Yeah, a wall of shame so I can remember :grin:

1 Like

Yup and it better not be shut down. Bear better be in hibernation mode :slight_smile: We need some lessons/comedy around here.

I agree. If he doesn’t save anything, it doesn’t make any sense, plus going through you may be to his advantage as you have a working relationship with your contact and may be treated better. I would understand if he was able to go to the same dealer and save the equivalent of your fee due to eliminating the “middle man”. Still shady but at least some logic to it.

Did the deal maker change his screen name after your shoutout? I am almost certain it wasn’t anon57239611 to begin with.

it wasn’t 10 minutes ago…he changed it

Did he change it or did he request his account deleted?

Classy either way.

What a plot twist :rofl:

Also, sorry you had to deal with that OP

Buyers are liars, watch their lips. If they’re moving…

I like the wall of shame idea, or is that going too far? My main axiom in life is to treat people fair and that seems to have gotten me far in life.

7 Likes

Carphan is the one I think you’re talking about.

1 Like

Sadly, there are many people like @anon57239611 in this world who think circumventing “fair” is fair game if it benefits them, regardless of screwing someone else over.

I’d sure love to know his rationale behind doing this, but he’s probably smart enough to know that trying to explain himself wouldn’t be a wise decision on his part either.

3 Likes

I don’t think Joe User can change his account screenname. More likely the powers that be took it upon themselves to take out the trash, so to speak.

1 Like

I think @michael can change user name?

I assumed it was one of you guys. If not, it had to have been.

We can’t. And I wouldn’t do it for this guy, even if I could.