Common Courtesy Goes a Long Way

Shout out to @anon57239611 first and foremost. After He posted his thread about wanting help on a new 530e lease (530e 2018 Deal Finder Help) I reached out because I thought I could help. I got him almost exactly where he wanted to be (2k Drive Offs 509 including LA county 9.5% tax, 36/12k, 13.3% off MSRP on a brand new car) which was a mission on it’s own.

@anon57239611 Asks for a breakdown of the deal, no big deal, people want to make sure the numbers add up and they’re getting a good deal. What I wasn’t expecting was for him to use the MSRP I sent him to find the car and the dealership I was working with and back door me the same night. The funny thing is he went and bought the car for exactly what I offered it to him for, so there wasn’t even a point in back dooring me because it didn’t save him any money.

Just wanted this to serve as a reminder to some people out there that we in the business are people too, if we work hard to get you what you want at a reasonable price then have the decency to not screw us over.

/endrant

21 Likes

Though it wasn’t right what they did…this post is the fastest way to get everyone to dislike you.

1 Like

Is it? All I’m asking for is common courtesy. This post doesn’t apply to 99% of the people on this forum who are awesome people just looking for a great deal.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: SoCal Toyota Special Lease Offers

I’m not sure I agree. Seems to be a pattern of this happening here lately, and it’s a sure fire way to make sure honest dealers and brokers don’t participate here.

That said, to OP, other brokers have had to change how they collect fees and present deals to avoid this exact scenario from completely screwing them over. Sorry to say you may need to do the same.

5 Likes

What if he doesn’t charge clients and gets paid by the dealer? Agree with you and totally disagree that 99% won’t do it. I think that at least 20% will try to screw a broker.

He probably should have given you a chance to lower your price. If I was able to get the same price from the dealer I would have cut out the middle man too. I expect a broker to get me a better deal than I can get on my own.

Then his beef is with the dealer and not the buyer. My sense is that isn’t his model, but I could be wrong.

He didn’t get it on his own. He took my quote in writing to the dealership I was working with and told them to match it. The best quote he had received prior was $20 higher payment with less miles per year (10k vs. 12k)

The manager I work with got middled out of the deal as well. Rules are, if you don’t log them in the system you don’t get the deal.

1 Like

Happens to the best of us… don’t beat yourself up over it. He knows what he did and has to live with that.

Somewhere down the line it will happen to him much worse.

5 Likes

How’s that if the buyer went behind his back on the particular car he found for him? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think I’m not clear on what the comp method is. But i would have expected his quote and buyer would have been registered with the dealer before sending it.

He answered above. Must be logged in the system.

Got it. Screwed on both ends. Even worse.

1 Like

My guy at the dealership is more pissed than I am lol

Did the buyer know he was going into the same dealership where you cut the deal?

Yes, only car with that MSRP in that color combination in the state.

Yeah, that’s some BS then.

It is frustrating to think that people would behave like that over a few hundred bucks. Can’t change low integrity, only protect yourself with an upfront retainer.

I would hate to see brokers that are honest and fair not coming back because of a dick wad move like that.

3 Likes

I’ve sold cars to 15 members in the past 2 weeks alone, I’m not going anywhere over one bad apple lol

5 Likes