Civic Si market adjustment

Both are total fcukboy cars. They’re not true sports cars by any means but if he wants to row his gears with his skinny jeans on then let him go for it. I was trying to give him alternatives rather than have him pay a mark up on a Civic. NJ Honda dealers will rip him a new one too.

I guess he’ll realize when he’s stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the FDR drive that that he should’ve bought a different vehicle .

Looks like Civic Si’ are hot, regular civics are easily available and dealers will deal, just not Si. It’s true for any enthusiast leaning car out there (barring the unloved WRX). I’m in the market for something similar too but prices are making me pause as well.

Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT is a no brainer over an ADM Civic Si.

The real difference is maybe $4k-$5k with a discount on the Integra. And it’s got everything the Si does plus a host of additional equipment.

Like others said, the WRX 6MT is a good choice too, can be had for $2k off all day, so a WRX Premium can be had for near even money vs an ADM Si. Personally, I’m getting used to the look now and AWD probably goes a long way in Chicago and an extra 70-hp isn’t bad either.

Finding some dealers closer to MSRP on the Si…very reasonable for what you get at $30K in this car.

I’m actually a prior multi GTI and Golf R guy but the new touchscreen dash and steering wheel nonsense killed it for me. WRX I just can’t deal with this car. Octagonal wheel well openings? The front grill looks like a Ford Taurus. The back? Not sure, a good approximation would be if you grafted on bits of Toyota and the taillight section of an older Civic.

I was leaning towards GTI until the horrible reviews on all the touch…can’t consider WRX due to styling…the most fun I’ve had with cars have been manuals with smaller engines that I can really wring out! My last car purchase was a 21 C2S…I could have bought 5 Civic Si’s for that price, LOL! Honestly didn’t care much for the 911 coming from an M3…the car really is incredible overkill and too fast for the streets, I sold before I hurt myself! Looking forward to something I can have fun with and not have to worry about…

2 Likes

At MSRP it’s not bad, but I haven’t seen anything near that, but feel like it’d be way easier to get a deep deal on a WRX for not much more.

That’s the bottom line: what am I getting for $X?

Whether X is above or below some arbitrary, literally made-up number called MSRP is irrelevant.

Agreed but psychology comes in too because US car market has trained us over time on getting ‘deals’ using MSRP as a key reference.

I feel like by the time I’m committing $30k to a Civic Si, I’d rather spend a bit more on a WRX Premium or Integra A-Spec manual.

Though as a current RSX Type S owner, and former TSX, Legend and multiple Honda Prelude owner, maybe I’m kind of biased towards the Integra.

Eh, the Acura uses the same engine and that is mostly what I’m interested in as well as the stick…the additional 6K of bells and whistles to get stick in Acura not so much…plus I like the Si looks better.

I kind of like the bells and whistles. The Si doesn’t even have heated seats, sadly. Plus I like the hatchback and the adaptive dampers.

Looks wise, I like them both personally.

1 Like

Ah you reminded me of another reason…lack of heated seats no big deal as another reason I like the Si is the cloth seats…my favorite BMW had cloth seats and I loved them!

PS, I don’t care about hatchback or not…and reviews I have seen the guys reviewing couldn’t tell any difference between damper modes.

I can respect that. I have cloth seats in 2 of our 3 cars. I don’t really have a preference, but I do prefer heated seats as it helps me go the whole winter without ever using the heat (SoCal).

You will have to buy the Canadian spec Si, I read somewhere it has a lot more standard features than the US one.

1 Like

Haha, we lived in Dana Point/Laguna last year and never put heated seats on in the wife’s X3!

You did make me look and one thing I will miss is heated steering being back in the MidWest…oh well it will be parked inside mostly.

Final update. I found a 2022 Si that was at zero markup. I mulled it over all day and finally called back. It was sold. Not sure if buying a car that would be “a year old” in a week was smart or not.

On 2023’s I’ve found that the best offer I had at $1,500 markup was actually a good deal. But, I just can’t bring myself to pay extra so I’m cooling off the idea for awhile.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. So many times, OP’s ghost us with no resolution given.

2 Likes

Both are relatively good deals, but there’s definitely no harm in waiting either.

1 Like

Found a 23 GTI SE at MSRP so in the process of snapping it up…more power and materials seem more upscale than Si (heated front and steering wheel, etc.)…also about 7K more! Pick up tomorrow.