Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid 2018

Been lurking, learning and understanding. Thank you!

Now making strides to lease a Pacifica for a growing family, first time leasing. I have reached out to few Dealership in SoCal and not getting much love.

Touring Plus
MSRP: 44,085.00
Price: 39,545.00
Dealer Discount and Rebate: 4,540.00
36/12 0 Down - 801.31 ; 1000 down - 769.03; 2000 down- 738.59
Residual: 44%(:frowning: ) MF:0.00193 (that’s standard)

Not even worthed to run the calculator.

If you have seen decent lease deals on Pacifica Hybrid, please guide. I appreciate it.

At that residual you’re just pretty much screwed, unfortunately. Better off financing.

$40000 spread over 5 years at 2% is only $700/mo (plus tax, obviously). Why lease for 3 years when you can own the car outright for a similar (if not cheaper) payment after 2 extra years?

This thing leases horribly and the federal rebate isn’t even passed on to you. Either buy or look elsewhere.

I just rented a fully loaded Pacifica (not hybrid) and it is a really nice van. I own a '16 Odyssey and felt a twinge of regret. I don’t think any vans lease well, though. If I had leased mine I’d get hammered on wear and tear. With a family, this is the kind of vehicle that works for a living and it shows.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I didn’t even think of the federal rebate! That more than covers the tax, and makes it even cheaper…

I hear you all, thank you, appreciate it! There are responses on this forum where the per month lease is between 450-500. I hope to try this for a while to replicate it :slight_smile:

Another bad written offer. Seems like Chrysler is not interested in leasing. Most dealership has around 20 hybrids on the lot.

My Honcker app is indicating that 48 months is the best term, FWIW.

Rydell Chrysler
Pacifica Hybrid Tour+
36 months
10,000 miles
$339 monthly
$3059

You can negotiate down from there.

1 Like

That’s nuts, that’s the monthly payment on a purchase. If I did the math right, the lease payment on that deal is 435.95/mo before interest and tax. What is the money factor?

Thank you buddy @JyHonda

yes nuts is an understatement. It is RV that is killing it. MF is standard 0.00198.

Do you really need a pacifica touring hybrid? You could almost lease 2 odysseys for that price range of 700-800. And the Odyssey will probably have a much better RV…

Bear with me, I’m still getting the gist of the math for leasing.
The RV is 47% on this deal, right? Is that considered a suck residual in general?

Holy crap just spending some more time on the forums I answered my own question…

Wait, this numbers don’t add up.

Using OP’s number, Touring + MSRP is $44085. RV for 36/10K is 47% = > RV is $20720
If selling price is as OP indicated: $39545 => depreciation along is 18825, making 36 month payment of $523. Interest and fees no included.

Even with 3059 CCR, 36 month payment is still $437, no fee or interest included.

To get to $339 with $3095 CCR, selling price needs to be below $36K, again no fee or interested included.

Are you sure?

You’re better off getting a gas guzzling F350 and an RV/Trailer for that price. Some cars are not worth leasing, this seems to be one of them. I suggest looking at different cars or if this is your choice, you’re probably better off buying (if that is the case buy this used and let someone else take the 60% depreciation).

1 Like

Definitely one of the vehicle’s I’m keeping an eye on in case the leasing options improve. My wife’s Leaf lease is up in February 2019, and this is the dark horse candidate to replace it (another Leaf or the Clarity Plug-In are much more likely candidates). I’d have a hard time going the purchase route on it since it’s an FCA product and the plug-in stuff often has unpredictable depreciation due to huge improvements in the next models.

HK

I expect the major improvements in plugin tech and that is the reason I am not taking the purchase route…

Looking at the online forums, the hybrids have far more complaints than the gassers.

I’m looking to replace a Grand Caravan with a Pacifica, but given the above I wouldn’t even try to lease a hybrid (I’d also absolutely buy the MaxCare extended warranty if I bought instead of leased)