Chrysler Capital - lease & immediate buyout?

Im guessing they said “stellantis”

1 Like

Depends on your state tax rules and if theyre offering an acq fee waiver for any periods

This is definitely the way to go. Probably could optimize it by doing a 24 month lease too to maximize how much depreciation gets covered by that first payment

2 Likes

Yes my mistake :slight_smile:

Ah good idea!

I thought acquisition fee is already baked in?

Ccap occasionally offers acq fee waivers on some vehicles/some lease terms

1 Like

So is the lease payoff then just the RV value plus applicable sales tax?

Payoff is the adjusted lease balance plus buyout fee plus applicable taxes and fees.

The adjusted lease balance is basically the adjusted cap cost less any applied base payments (payments less rent charge and monthly tax)

OK, but for CCAP is it not the RV (say 36/10) plus any remaining rent payments right? I know I’ve asked the same question 100 times, but just want to make sure the payoff will not be subject to all remaining lease payments (plus interest). As then this makes no sense. If interest is removed from remaining payments for sure, then this is golden.

Rent is the interest portion. You will be responsible for the depreciation portion, not rent.

Entire lease payment is depreciation + rent + tax(depending on state). You won’t be paying the entire lease payment plus interest.

No, it isn’t. Youre not responsible for unearned rent charge.

THANK YOU. You have both been SO helpful. I have leased a lot of cars but have never done something quite this way.

If you pay it off without making any payments after signing, then the payoff would be the net cap cost minus one month’s depreciation (paid at signing) plus $350. You will not be charged the remaining rent or tax payments otherwise.

CCAP did not add the CA sales tax to the payoff quote in my case. So you or your lender will need to calculate that and pay it to the state yourself.

Here is what they sent. This looks off as they claim to be selling the car at MRSP…

This does not have the CCAP Sign and Drive factored in yet.

MSRP on window sticker is $59582, so disregard the first part. But what are the additional cap items?

Youd have to ask them, but my guess is fees/taxes/forced dealer add ons

Yea, they are not claiming to have any markup or dealer added accessories.

They are saying 0 down, first payment, tax license and bank fees…

I think this makes sense, so if that is the case, what is the rough lease payoff? RV + (depreciation - first payment) plus sales tax?