Choose One Car - Apocalypse Pick

So its the end of the world (zombies, N Korea,Nulear War, Super Virus, Trump, meteor, Obamacare, Aliens, Government Sterilization, etc…). You enter a rich car collectors warehouse complex and can choose any production car to keep for the next 1 day-99 years you will live. What do you choose and why?

http://www.conquestvehicles.com/knight-xv.html

3 Likes

It’s awesome that you lumped Trump, N.Korea and Obamacare in with aliens, zombies and nuclear holocaust!

4 Likes

That would be one of my choices. My first would be the INKAS Huron APC. Second would be Paramount Marauder. Lastly, the Conquest or Kombat. One of the aforementioned have to be in that warehouse. INKAS below:

5 Likes

That’s what I am saying. Something big and fortified. Gotta be safe.

@Mi1lion can these be purchased by the general public?

If you have the cash, yeah. Don’t expect to get a $199 a month lease or use MSD’s.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

2 Likes

That wasn’t necessarily a stipulation, you said “production car”. These are being produced.

1 Like

Let’s use this definition of production car : The characteristics of a production vehicle or production car are mass-produced identical models, offered for sale to the public, and able to be legally driven on public roads (street legal). Legislation and other rules further define the production vehicle within particular countries or uses. There is no single fixed global definition of the term.

The Dartz Prombron BLACK RUSSIAN

2 Likes

Mercedes G Wagon 6X6

I’d want something older with the simplest possible engine and components. No computers or electronics. Bonus if there are lots of them around so I can strip parts off dead ones. 4x4 essential mated with high torque engine. Towing capacity probably important.

Those big armored things are going to be OK for a few months but when they break down they will not be repairable. You can’t ask the factory for replacement parts to your high tech engine when it takes a bullet. Also you’ll make an obvious target- you look like you have lots of cool stuff to steal. To my mind much better to be in a well maintained beater than will blend in.

1 Like

cruoPrn_d

2 Likes

Infiniti prototype melds a 1940s race car with EV power

I was thinking maybe a Chevy Silverado 3500 Diesel crew cab 4x4; some of these picks are military grade.

Very good points here. Also, don’t underestimate the value of stealth. Maybe a quiet motorcycle so you can get out quick and maneuver around all of the highways clogged with people’s dead cars and bodies. Also, one of those giant things would be a target, so you’d need a good hiding place.

Is gas still readily available in the apocalypse?

I think it depends upon which apocalyptic genre you follow: Mad Max vs. Waterworld vs. Zombie Apocalypse vs. nuclear apocalypse vs natural disaster

hm, i’ll say, no gas left, so all your vehicles are useless. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure there are some gas depots; etc… although it won’t be easy. I would say you would have better luck with diesel (even bio diesel).

Electric cars probably won’t work too well as no outlets will work.