Choose One Car - Apocalypse Pick

Solar cars unless the nuclear ash is too thick to make it work.

My survival bunker will have solar and wind power generators :stuck_out_tongue:

No gas? Then I’ll have to go Model S so I can use the Supercharger network. I’m sure Elon will make sure it is still up and running. :rofl:

2 Likes

Elon Musk is boring.

yup, all the way through LA :stuck_out_tongue:

according to family guy… only twinkies survive nuclear wars.

e8abd61859c935ae14f0264bb5ea1763

Toyota pickup* Isis uses them routinely in conditions that are pretty similar to the zombie apocalypse. Or an old landcruiser or land rover.

*factory or dealer installed gun turret in pick up bed optional

“The Toyota Hilux is everywhere,” Andrew Exum, a former US Army Ranger who is now the US deputy assistant secretary of defense for Middle East policy, told Newsweek. “It’s the vehicular equivalent of the AK-47. It’s ubiquitous to insurgent warfare. And actually, recently, also counterinsurgent warfare. It kicks the hell out of the Humvee.”

The Hilux is apparently a durable truck that has proven useful for terrorists who are fighting against lightly armed special forces.

The truck is “fast, maneuverable, and packs a big punch [when it’s mounted with] a 50-caliber [machine gun] that easily defeats body armor on soldiers and penetrates lightly armored vehicles as well,” Alastair Finlan, who specializes in strategic studies at Aberystwyth University in the UK, told Newsweek.

1 Like

But the Mercedes X-Class is so much cooler and also not available in the US.

The Hilux isn’t available in the US either.

Watch the Top Gear episode where Jeremy Clarkson tries to kill a Hilux and then you’ll definitely pick a Hilux over the X-Class (semi-rebadged Nissan Navara).

1 Like

I always imagined that post nuclear war the only things surviving would be cockroaches, twinkies, and Keith Richards. I can envision Keith playing a concert for roaches who are enjoying a banquet of twinkies.

1 Like

I would still get a Japanese car, they have a lot of experience with Nuclear hazards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Godzilla approved! :exploding_head::t_rex:

1 Like

Mercedes G63 6x6…

The hilux is more or less a Tacoma or a 4runner.

I’d take a diesel powered Toyota Prado (aka Lexus GX) and armor it up.