Chevy SIlverado Inventory Issues (Bad Time to Lease)

There are only about 10,000 different configurations you can get a Silverado in. What are you looking for, putting money down, etc?

I’m in MN and looking at an LT Z71 crew DRAC with 5.3, all star, convenience II and a couple other small options with $1k down for $292 including TTL for 24/10k. I work remotely so I don’t need miles. On top of the incentives you have I also have supplier.

I’m not going to share the the dealership until I lock mine down because they sold the northsky blue one out from under me and only have one left configured as I want it. They’ll have more coming out of loaner service shortly but my lease ended a couple days ago so I need to make a move.

I did run the numbers using the supplier price and they come out about $80 under what the calculator showed. I asked and they’re tossing in a couple $500 coupons and selling about $1900 under supplier which I’ve included in the linked calculation.

Go for a custom or LT with the 2.7 turbo and they’re $229 and $249 respectively.

I’ve shopped their numbers around and I’m not finding anyone coming close. I leased a Traverse from these guys in January and they were $100 under all others so they’re for real.

Hope that helps.

Wow!! Looks like you got an awesome deal! Unfortunately there is $0 of lease incentives for the Midwest region. Just loyalty and Costco for $2500 total.

I think I’ve gotten a pretty decent deal tho almost locked in after some serious work today to a number of states.

Msrp 52800

485 w/Tax. 36/10

0 DAS

Dealer also is going to pay shipping cost, as well as put in a bed liner.

What about the ford did you dislike? What did you like about the chevy, from what I saw from the model refresh the exterior got all the love and the interior on the new models sits below the ford/newly refreshed ram mostly because not much was done on the interior.

485 seems a bit much for a mid level truck not sure how it’s equipped but just my 2 cents.

I stopped at a Ford dealership I’d leased an '04, '06, and '11 from. They showed me a sign and drive of $489 for a pretty basic 2.7l XLT crew that looked just like the '04. Yuck.

Plus, if you get snow Autotrac 4wd is where its at.

Need to do more shopping. I was at circa $500 pretax on a platinum about a year and a half ago and the deal wasn’t even that crazy. Regional rebates vary as well.

4A, asuming autotrac means automatic 4wd starts on lariats and above.

Mainly the looks. The RST in my opinion in the best looking truck at the moment. All personal preference tho. The f150 is extremely bare that my dad drives and even my XLT I had prior was less than stellar in the options department. My current tundra is nothing to rave about with features either despite being a 50k truck.

I think the Silverado is more equipped at the same price point than all mentioned before.

Ultimately tho, I think it just looks better inside and out. I do like the look of my tundra but the lack of options and horrible gas mileage has me left with a bad taste for Toyota’s lack of change. The Ford looks wise probably falls last in my eyes between the 3 though

I’m in the midwest region, too. A bed liner costs the dealer about $50.

Best of luck

So where is the extra incentives coming from then? Aren’t they tied to your address? Or was that the incentives from your work? I believe I’m getting about 10% off msrp plus incentives

The rst does look good, though I would say the raptor is king in the looks department, might change soon with the hellcat powered ram trx though.

Yeah 40-50k is pretty much barebones with 4wd and a crew bad… honestly kinda sad but that’s the way it is.

Not familiar enough with options on the xlt but it is pretty much barebones, doesn’t have led headlights even, or push start.

The tundra in general is severely dated, gas mileage is one of its bigger problems but towing/hauling capabilities is a bigger problem for that truck, tech is tech and styling is subjective but a refresh of the styling would be a good thing for that truck, I think new bodystyle coming out soon.

in terms of the 3 the ford is also the oldest of the big 3, last refreshed in 2018 and new bodystyle in 2015, I’m interested to see what comes of the new 2021 f150, still waiting for the denali and ram limited to show their massaging seats tho lol.

The ram definitely wins the specs contest… LOVE the touch screen. But I’ve had bad experiences with Chrysler and don’t have much faith in their products. If we could just mix the Chevy looks with the ram interior and it would be perfect!

The Denali is probably the next most loaded features wise, but the look is a tad bulky and clunky for my liking!

I have less than zero interest in an F150.

I list them in the worksheet comments. They discount the vehicle below supplier price by almost a couple grand and that’s all they said.

Getting a dealer loaner is worth a $2000 incentive.

Oh so it’s a loaner? Regardless! Still an awesome deal! I hope it goes thru and they don’t sneak it out from you again lol.

Before my current Silverado lease I did a couple Ram 1500’s. Nice trucks with zero issues but they’re not pushing leases now. Another Ram would be my first choice.

ehhh the rams update was mostly superficial to be blunt, new front end and touchscreen as joeblogs says. Not saying I don’t like it but rams problem has always been reliability rather than style.

Do remember that ford had all these features that are on the ram and denali back in 2015 i.e panoramic roof, lane keeping, acc, power running boards, 360 cameras etc etc

I think ram and gm finally caught up and raised the bar. The multi-pro tailgate on the gmc is nice as are the ram boxes and underfloor storage on the ram.

They only have 2000 miles on them. One of them has 1500 so its not available until it gets to 2000. It’s worth the tradeoff for the incentive.

Not like the Silverado over the past 5 years has been the pinnacle of automotive reliability…

Most definitely. I’ve found some loaners local, but the dealers I’ve spoken to have been less than intelligent.

One dealer said they don’t have loyalty rebates, and then another dealer said they can’t lease any loaners. Then they proceed to tell me how complicated leasing is and contribute to push all their units at MSRP lol

Have a friend who leased a brand new rebel. 3 weeks in he had to take it to the shop which lasted a month and a half. I would have been PISSSED lol

That’s true but ram takes cake for that in the half ton segment and the hd segment as well.

I can’t speak for either the Silverado or the ram but the 3.5 ecoboost has been rock solid on 4 trucks in 5 years but take it with a grain of salt because the trucks mileages are as follows 32k (turned in), 26k,20k, and 40k, even so with such low mileage we haven’t had a single issue, the only recall that we have had to have done was the headlights being too bright… yes that was actually a thing.