Chevy SIlverado Inventory Issues (Bad Time to Lease)

My dad’s f150 lease is coming to an end so have been looking to get into a silverado. Have costco plus loyalty/conquest so the lease should be pretty good… Nope… Dealers arent budging on discount due to lack of inventory… Some selling at MSRP and some only up to 3% off near me…

Then of course there’s the one dealer that is notoriously scum, that agreed to 8% off but gives me an incorrect calculation and claimed “i dont care what it correctly calculates to, this is the deal, take it or leave it.” LMAO

Either way, anyone know any good midwest dealers or any that will deliver? I will go outside of the state and pay the shipping cost.(Located in CO)

That’s a little surprising on a Silverado anyway… Have you considered just using Costco shopping program or whatever it’s called these days?

Very surprising lol. And now they treat them like their NSX’s lol. But every chevy dealer i have spoke to has been aware of the program from costco when i call. Is it different if I enter all the info on Costco? I got the code already to get the discount but now its just a game of getting the dealer to budge on sale price, which has been very difficult to say the least lol

While I’m not a ton of help to you I did want to note I had been trying HARD to lease an Acadia/Blazer/Traverse for 6 months in CO and had a HARD time getting any discounts pre-incentive at any CO dealers; maybe 3-5% tops. Not to mention over that period the incentives were extremely poor to go along with unreasonable MF/Residuals. I was coming to lease end on a '17 Acadia and ended up just turning it in last month.
Lookup the volume leading Chevy dealer in CO and they will likely give you the best deal in the state.
If your patient and willing I found some semi-reasonable dealers in NE, IA, NM etc.
HTH
Mark

The experience has turned me off to GM leases for the time being. We went down to 1 vehicle as a family and I may or may not revisit leasing one at year end.

GM is very difficult to get a solid discount akin to other players like BMW. You will hardly ever see a 15-20% of sale on a GM lease like you do with BMW, unless they are running a promo like Employee price for everyone. Even then, the 15-20% off almost always includes incentives, unlike BMW where a 15-20% target before incentives on loaner stock is not out of the question. The reason for this is there is very little margin between MSRP and Invoice. Couple that in with the fact that stock levels are dwindling fast, and the biggest seller in the GM stable, there is no need to discount huge to move them.

In other words, I’m not surprised at all you couldn’t get a good discount on a Silverado, let alone 3 others that are decent sellers with low inventory (Acadia, Blazer, Traverse).

1 Like

How many dealers have you contacted in the metro area?

Probably 10. Low inventory on a lot of them.

AutoNation North is advertising 2 wheels drive units from California lmao. (They are the worst dealer of any brand ever btw lol) Over the years, I’ve caught them on several illegal practices)

1 Like

Just have him extend the Ford and wait until July/August when inventory comes back up. I just did a quick search on cargurus and it didn’t look good. I’m surprised GM has such high rebates right now

As of 2 min ago, I’ve found a pretty good deal in another state… what’s shipping going these days?

Post the location and details on the lease

So, unlike the previous crisis where they had to file bk, this time GM is coming out okay from the pandemic. They have managed to limit inventory while their target audience is still buying new trucks!! Nice.

It’s in in one of the dakotas, can’t remember off the top my head lol. But they didn’t send me complete numbers, just overall payment.

53k MSRP

420 month +Tax.

Overall pretty solid if shipping isn’t crazy.

First rule of LH. Don’t get too excited and commit until you see ALL the numbers.

1 Like

True. If I pursue I will get a complete breakdown…

That’s where an issue occurred yesterday.

Dealer gave me numbers and they didn’t add up. Then dealer argues with me that it doesn’t matter if the numbers add up because that’s their deal. Rude the whole time. I’m like sir I understand, but this deal will reject in finance if the math is wrong.

Repeatedly told me to come in if I want to see their numbers even tho he told me them. Then I asked ok if I come in and calculate by hand in front of him and if I’m correct they honor the calculation. He was like um I can’t promise that LOL.

To be fair, most people can’t calculate a lease to save their life and the vast majority of times when a dealer’s calculations don’t match (or aren’t within a few dollars), it’s due to either user error of the customer with the calculator or assumptions/misunderstandings about the numbers (assuming buy rate mf, assuming post-incentive is pre-incentive, etc).

Completely understand! But of course the “cocky” salesperson or manager whoever it was says he does leases all the time and they’re super complicated to calculate lol. At that point I knew it was going no where.

Thankfully over the years I’ve learned to be pretty accurate on the lease hacker calculator, and if need be spent the time to learn it by hand.

Do the numbers add up if you use max markup on the MF?

I just turned in an F150 as well. From what I found out after reading and comparing to current prices, just remember it’s not leasing in 2017 anymore. I couldn’t touch a truck within $100+ a month of what I was paying.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Unless it’s the ancient Tundra, they be leasing cheap

Lol he was such a BSer. He said he wouldn’t send me the numbers. Then told me the money factor he used which was lower than the one he should be using lol.

Complete liar and idiot. I eventually told him, “I know you have to make money which is fine. Just don’t hide it. It will get rejected in finance of the numbers don’t add up. 1+1 on any calculator should = 2”