CHEVROLET Suburban 2021

OP you cannot avoid gravity. It’s a $70k truck with a residual in the 50s. Play with the calculator on here and you’ll see even a 5% discount and base mf doesn’t get you to where you want to be. I get it as I’m not a van fan either but you’re going to have to pay to play on this one.

1 Like

These types of threads usually pop up on Monday morning…

Edit: I think Odyssey’s and the new Sienna look like fantastic choices for the $.

Edit 2: Hope things work out for OP, and however it goes, post pics in the Trophy Garage!

3 Likes

Funny how the OP posted this and then rips people for telling them they are unrealistic

Suddenly it’s “in the 600s” with an unquantified amount of money down.

But payment shoppers gonna be payment shoppers.

3 Likes

OP, money down is just a mirage that makes the payment appear less. It’s just shifting the money around.

You came here for help and you have an immense amount of attitude and dismiss any offerings of help because you seem to think that you, a brand new LH member, know better than all of the long timers here. News flash, you don’t. If you want help, get rid of the cavalier attitude and be open to suggestions instead of snidely dismissing them.

At this rate, you’re going to be getting a Honda Accord Hybrid with $10k down

10 Likes

She wanna ride a Burban wood grain with the leather seats windows so dark you need a flash light to see me. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

How many are there. Honda Odyssey, Kia Sedona, Toyota Sienna, Chrysler Pacifica/Voyager.

My money is on OP just going with the Burban via finance or ponying up for the lease.

1 Like

Aside from the budgetary aspect, there are some practical issues that are hard to ignore.

Both of these will be in RF car seats. Infant seats initially but within a year they’ll be in RF convertibles which are much larger. Access to/from the third row for the two older children needs to be thought through, as well as for any adults who need to secure them.

Captains chairs don’t solve the question of RF convertibles blocking much of the usable space between the first and second row when entering and exiting the vehicle

NTM the high load floor of the Sub when loading and unloading babies, car seats, strollers, luggage etc.

6 Likes

I’ll make this easy for OP. Calculate your total lease cost. That way, you can see how much you are spending for a lease regardless of how much down payment you put.

No matter how you move the money, your effective monthly will still be $600+

2 Likes

Just put 35k down and you won’t have a monthly payment.

17 Likes

And also the financial aspect of needing to go way beyond a ‘max’ budget, with 4 small children, because WONT DRIVE A VAN.

FWIW your kids want you to drive a van. Mine don’t care how fast or cool the other vehicles in the household are to anyone else, they always beg to go in the $2500 van :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Kind of related, Savagegeese posted a Tahoe review today that is worth watching if you are considering this platform and will not be taking advantage of the towing capabilities.

2 Likes

Good review. Also not that OP cares, but the 2020 MDX is getting blown out and can be had for way less than half the price of a 2021 Suburban. The third row is pretty tight but if one cared about that they’d just get an Odyssey :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s cute. Take your chauvinistic bs somewhere else.

I said I have 4 kids not 2. 2 kids sit in the 3rd row. Then 2 kids sit in the captains seats allowing the other 2 to get to the 3rd row.

Since 99% of you are being chauvinistic jerks. I’m not bothering to go back and forth anymore. If it was a man asking these questions you wouldn’t be saying shit about a minivan.
I never said I wasn’t putting money down. I have been driving SUVs since my very first car. I feel more comfortable and safer in an SUV.
I get to decide what I spend my money on.

I came here to share the current lease deal that is listed and was just asking if anyone has done the same recently. I can afford to pay what ever is determined to be appropriate. I was just looking for info. But sharing that I was a female was obviously a mistake.

Calm down.

Look, the suburban according to the bank is worth half of MSRP in three years. If you want to pay 21.6k (36*600) plus whatever ‘down payment at signing’, you’re going to need a lot of downplay to get there, or an insane amount of dealer discount.

What we are saying is to get to the monthly you want to be, pay the insane down pay (bad idea), finance with a sec 179 or other means, buy used, or alternative options that lease or finance better like a minivan.

1 Like

Never said I wasn’t putting money down and never said how much I was putting down. Great job with that eagle eye buddy :rofl::rofl::clap:t3:

Uh what? His comment did not come off as ‘chauvinistic’ whatsoever and I’m not sure at all why we are playing that card. Unless “minivan owners” are now a protected class :laughing:

Myself and many other males, females, thems, shims, whatever own minivans and it’s not because we’re females, it’s because it’s the best choice of vehicle for multiple kids. You yourself seem extremely bigoted and insecure for some reason. Not one person has mentioned you being female except for yourself. It has nothing to do with anything, the point was that you have 4 kids and Suburbans lease like garbage. I think we’re done here…this is going nowhere and you’re just being oddly defensive and mean spirited.

Good luck in your search. Please let us know if you have an actual question about leasing that was not already answered in this thread.

Edit: I’m just going to leave a pic of some of our van stickers on here for posterity. The one on the bottom is especially apt :laughing:

10 Likes

Guess I’m gonna get called a chauvinist for pointing out you didn’t read half of an IMO objectively written 10-line post that had nothing to do with your gender.

Access to/from the third row for the two older children needs to be thought through, as well as for any adults who need to secure them.

Captains chairs don’t solve the question of RF convertibles blocking much of the usable space between the first and second row when entering and exiting the vehicle

Let’s use a picture to illustrate. Captains chairs don’t solve exiting/entering the vehicle with 2 RF convertibles in the second row.

When both doors of your Sub look like the far side of this photo, how are you going to access the third row to help secure the children who sit back there?

And if the older children are old enough to require no supervision back there, are they going to be willing to crawl under their siblings’ RF seats? Not just now but as they continue to grow over the next X years?

11 Likes