Chevrolet Bonus Tag Leases

i just made an entire sheet just for bolt ev’s and taxes since that’s what i talk to people about nonstop. 4 dbc for anything in stock. not putting any on hold so just whoever is ready to make a move this weekend.

the “LA Tax” rate is based on long beach 10.25% so for some LA cities it may be lower.

2 Likes

Is now a good time to get a good deal on a chevy bolt? I have a tesla res for model 3, but I am considering a bolt if i can get a good leasing deal.

i’m in the same position. given that i am outside of Cali and live in Alabama i am not expecting an amazing deal on the Bolt. Not that i have not been looking for one.

1 Like

i think 90% of the people i work with have considered or put a deposit on a tesla… essentially by the time tesla gets their production together and gets all the cars out and cheaper, the lease will be up.

but really, who knows where technology will be in 3 years.

just talked to the bosses…

if you are able to get a current authorization code for any of the GM programs, we’ll throw on another $500 off.

gmsupplierdiscount.com
gmmilitarydiscount.com
gmeducatordiscount.com
gmcollegediscount.com

2 Likes

@chevysalesgirl trying to understand 20k miles/yr quote. Is it just additional dollars each month based on 20 cents per miles or something else?

1 Like

that’s correct…

Just had mediocre chevy dealership experience. Wish I was able to work with @ChevyPhil @chevysalesgirl and @Randy_Haddox1. Thanks to randy letting me know the Rebates work for 24 months.

Here goes the story.
I negotiated a gm supplier 5% discount off a MSRP 32,005 car. My area plus private offer or loyalty or competitive Rebates and pull ahead. 3250 in Rebates plus 1000 dealer bonus coupon. Plus gm card cash of 1390 (1250 bonus Sept / October only) total 5698 Rebates. Dealer tells me my payment is 273 with my tax (8.375). So I tell him no way. I negotiated 273 before the points. Manager or he conveniently forgot bonus coupons. Then the payment was 228. I was like woah. Wrong. With everything it should work out to 215-217 a month. I’m like the gm card acts as a down payment (which he didn’t book it as so. He booked it as a rebate which means he is taxing it) maybe some one can chime here however the card works because I thought those funds were cash and not Rebates to be taxed.
So he is like no no that is your payment. I then started to walk out again. So he eventually change the payment to 215.52. I looked over math tonight and I used our calculator to come super close. That is how I figured everything in the first place
No idea what or how he changed it right away. Then after review I signed. Guy claimed some bs I got a whopper of a deal. That they are losing money. Except All the money Rebates are coming from gm. Costs them nothing plus using a supplier code they get funds back from. Just infuriating overall after pre negotiations. They showed and scanned in the math before. They had to know I wouldn’t sign the papers if the right math wasn’t there. Unfortunately salesman I trust hasn’t been there in a week. His wife is in hospital. Just another example of trying to take advantage.

1 Like

Also few dealership called other dealership selling cars at discount scumbags… I was like wow. Really name calling your brethren from finance director at one location. And another sales manager at another. Even insinuating I was a terrible customer for asking for a discount percentage a number of dealers are offering. Saying he needs to sell 5 cars at full price to give one decent deal to a customer like me. Just awful. Wonder if I should forward emails of proof or report to gm these people.

Your post is too hard to follow. From reading your negotiating style, seems like you haven’t really learnt much from here. So you got 5% off MSRP (GM supplier discount) before your qualified rebates/incentives? Can you post just the numbers (ie MSRP, cap cost, rebates, MF, RV any other fees)?

@Jon I emailed call 30 dealerships. Not one would discount below invoice supplier on this new vehicle except for one place just too far away. Even asked brokers on here if they could help.

Equinox Awd 1lt with confidence and all weather mats and splash guard (too new of a car to get higher % discount)

Lease hacker calculator score of 13.8 years is bad?

MSRP 32,005
Sell 30,250
Rebates 5,697
Residual 69%
MF. 001
24 months
12,000 a year
Fees - 289(75 doc 191.5 registration, 22.50 dmv and tire) only out of pocket.
Payment $215.52 a month with tax. 8.375% or $199 without.
Saves me tires replacement cost and disposition fee and additional 25 a month compared to my current deal. Total additional saved of 900.

So $215/$32,005 or. 67 isn’t good?

Overall, it’s a good deal, but isn’t GM supplier pricing easy to get from any dealer once you have the PIN? Did you pay the acq fee or waive it for a higher MF? The latter would probably saved you some money.

@Jon According to the calculator here it would not have saved me money. It would have cost slightly more so I didn’t ultimately do that. It’s rolled into payments already. Unfortunately I don’t have a pin or know anyone with one. I’m sure the dealership is getting one on my behalf.

Since I don’t qualify for CVRP and I have commitment issue. Do they do 2 year leases on Bolt better than the 3 years (which i think are starting to be really attractive)

With 2018 my I can’t go below. So on a select few I’ve gotten very creative. I honestly can’t think of a dealer who can do what I’ve done and make a deal make since.

Long story short? Lower your expectations. I think madtv had a skit for this…

1 Like

Skit was lowered expectations.

1 Like

i wouldn’t discredit the store losing money. on my deals i lose 2-3k per deal. my negative is like 50k at the end of the month. but it counts as a unit which is what GM requires. but essentially the only people who don’t make money is the sales people and finance people…

What’s the lowest you’re at on a bolt LT with SC for 15k/year? The best quote I’ve received is $275, $0 OTD.

i’m at the same with an a DBC and a current lease

1 Like

CLIP 1

I get this asked a lot so i wanted to give you an example. when you put “money down”, what it does is makes your payment less which means you pay less interest on it over the course of the lease.

If you do a true zero driveoff option in line 1, its 251x35 = $8785 total lease cost
if you put $3,000 down in option 2, its 163x35 = $5705 + $3000 = $8705 total lease cost
if you put $6,000 down in option 3, its 75x35 = $2625 + $6000 = $8625 total lease cost

3 Likes