Chevrolet Bonus Tag Leases

Just in time for them all to come back for a recall! The latest one is really not good news for those of us who were hoping to pick up a new one over the next month or two :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah… Chevy Facebook rep just confirmed stop sale on all Bolts

“Yes. Dealers must complete any open safety recall campaigns before they sell any affected vehicles.”

So GM is asking LG, who currently has no idea what’s exactly wrong with the batteries, to make new batteries to be swapped into these brand new Bolts before they can be sold…am I understanding this situation correctly? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Based on what I have read, which is understandably probably less than a dealership can get access to, yes.

On the plus side you don’t have any on the lot although that said it’s a bad day for LG, GM, their dealers, and the lot of us who were in the market to pick one up.

When it was ‘17-‘19 Bolts the battery supply impact was probably bad enough but with it being extended to ‘22s that are on the lot I can only imagine :frowning:

Really thought only the 2017-2019 Bolts were affected by the recall and wanted to get a 2022 EUV for my son.

Bummed out! :frowning_face:

Various people on Reddit are saying that they are getting modules replaced next week. We will see if that’s true.

But almost certainly GM will also put new batteries in priority too. Probably what Trish has been saying and they’ll be back available in September sometime.

I just heard about the recall as well. Hoping my 2022 wouldn’t be affected but here we are. Is it possible to return the car at this point?

Chevrolet EV Concierge 1-833-EVCHEVY
My service department 714-868-4044

This link below has information :point_down:
https://my.chevrolet.com/how-to-support/safety/boltevrecall

I have no information on it and it’s unclear if it’s ALL or SOME cars. Based on what I read it looks like they’ll narrow it down to see which actually need replacing. I’m in sales and have no input/control of service/appointments/bulletins/recalls/loaners/buybacks/etc. Always a bummer with millions of miles driven and over 80,000 cars sold that 20 total fires in the 6 years of Bolts gives EVs a bad wrap. :neutral_face:

8 Likes

Totally agree. People having buyers remorse. it is a simple part that will be replaced as part of the recall.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Great job Trish! Even in difficult times you have all the information handy for everyone to make an informed decision. Kudos to you I hope you have an easy pregnancy.

4 Likes

been watching for updates. this is good news :+1:t2:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/09/chevy-bolt-ev-and-bolt-euv-battery-production-back-on-track/

6 Likes

I keep hearing ads on the radio for the “new Bolt and Bolt EUV”. Would be nice if we can pick one up! Any word on when the stop sale is going to be over? Would like to pick one up the earlier part of next month so I don’t have to pay the disposition fee and for a little bit of additional wear and tear on mine if you know what I mean!!

I asked GM Financial about it and they didn’t really seem to give a crap about what us Bolt owners have been going through and on top of it because of the stop sale we get to be fortunate enough to pay both :frowning:

Oh but we can extend our lease month to month for up to 6 months and pay the same amount we were already paying although not get any more miles for the additional months and we also get to pay the registration for the year. Win win! /sarcasm

Hi Trish, do you have any good leases on mid size SUV’s?

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/09/chevy-bolt-ev-and-bolt-euv-production-restart-pushed-back-to-mid-october/

well if the fix starts in October, but they still have to ship battery packs/ manufacture new cars. Say November would be my guess to see some resolution. Hopefully in-stock will get some priority since dealers have 2022s already on the lots.

i can work something up on this - New 2021 Chevrolet Equinox LT SUV in Buena Park #MS172212 | Premier Chevrolet Of Buena Park

but other than that i’m like sold out of everything smaller and our Camaros have markups.

Hi Trish,
I’m interested in the Equinox. Can you provide info. on a 36/10 lease?
Thanks,
Joe

1 Like

Trish, anything for a Blazer or Traverse?

I have one Traverse RS and one Blazer 1LT but both have markups.

Thank you for the quick reply. Ill wait for now.

1 Like

no worries! most of the factories are closed/ limited production right now and my lot is pretty empty.
i think once the electric leases come back then i’ll be doing deals on those again.

2 Likes