Chevrolet Bonus Tag Leases

Hmm, sounds risky or am I missing something?

And thanks, by the way.

Your risk is limited (at most) to the one-pay amount you paid.

1 Like

Thank you. So it can go either way depending on how good of a lease deal you secured. If my payoff for the lease would be higher than the car is deemed to be worth, I’d owe money as I understand it.

from the conversations ive had with GM… everything is case by case first and foremost. the general consensus is that you may lose driveoffs and acquisition fee. even on a 36m onepay, they still have a base payment, even in the deal structures we do, so it’s based off the unused portion of the base payment. net lease balance refers to extra products purchased. from when I was told. but again, every time is case by case as to how much.

What’s the best deal you have seen on a ZL1 ?

~$800/month with minimal down.

Confused about this. If I pay 10800 one pay then six mos from now total the car or it gets stolen I don’t get anything back?

OK, I stand corrected…
according to Tricia who should know take your one-pay amount, subtract off the drive-offs (tax/title/registration fees), subtract off the bank fee $650 (or so). Then prorate the balance over the remaining lease back to you.

But as Tricia stated, it’s on a case by case basis. So maybe it could be somewhat different.

from my understanding to what the GMF rep told me, yes. basically driveoffs are gone. and you’re credited back the unused base payment before tax.

Based on values and how the deal is structured you should be fine, assuming the insurance pays out a fair blue book on the car.

I am anywhere from 1K to 5K on the upside for a month old car on a one pay. I am sure this will change over the course of the lease, but as long as the deal is solid, and the car does not have a falsely inflated RV, you should be covered.

Gap insurance would protect you either way, I would imagine. If you are worried just make sure it is in the deal.

Can the bean counters at GM make this gobbly goop any more confusing or hard to understand?

It is the payoff amount on the car at time of loss (RV) - payoff amount from insurance. That’s it.

I would imagine you will lose drive offs no matter how you slice it. The upsell items are cancelled and cash refunded, but they will hold this and use in case you are upside down.

I am very interested to see a real world example on how these end up working out. My guess is, as long as the RV is accurate and the insurance company is not trying to screw you over, you should get every penny back.

so i just talked to another rep. she said take the onepay divided by 36 months, whatever months you don’t use you get back. and that excess wear and warranty stuff is separate net balance.

her explanation was lets say 10,000 onepay. you total car in 6 months. so you have 30 unused month.
10,000 / 36 = 277 x 30 months = 8310 back.
i re-verified what she was stating a couple times, but she said any total loss on onepays goes to management to calculate everything and it’s all still case by case but you definitely get back something for unused months.

1 Like

ahhh man. bosses coming down hard, guess we’re behind a bit i suppose. sooo… i’m going to be off this weekend, but we can start the process and i’ll be delivering all next week. extra push on electrics.

premierchevybp.com is my inventory.

gmsupplierdiscount.com
gmeducatordiscount.com
gmfirstresponderdiscount.com
gmcollegediscount.com
gmmilitarydiscount.com

Trish
twohler@premierautomotive.com

Hi Folks,

We are looking at Tahoe and apparently GM supplier discount makes a big difference on the numbers. Unfortunately neither me nor my wife are eligible. Tricia mentioned those customers who recently purchased using supplier discount can generate a claim code for friends and family. I am not sure how much of a hassle to get a f&f code but if anyone can help, it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

2 Likes

$1,000 total due at signing. needs lease loyalty (+$15 for non-gm) & ONLY gmsupplierdiscount.com code
500 incl tax on 10k
517 incl tax on 12k
547 incl tax on 15k

$1,000 total due at signing. needs lease loyalty (+$15 for non-gm) & ANY supplier discount code
565 incl tax on 10k
580 incl tax on 12k
610 incl tax on 15k

When you getting the car Mike?

If you are buying from Trisha, I will give her the info to use my code.

4 Likes

look at Jesus Cookies coming through clutch :rofl::blush:

Wow, that was quick…! I am in no rush but hoping to finalize by the end of this month.

Praise Jesus!

1 Like