Chevrolet Bonus Tag Leases

sorry for the lag in response everyone. my bank account got drained yesterday so been back and forth with bank of america. trying to circle back to everyone now.

Trish
twohler@premierautomotive.com

Fraud?
Not very nice. Sorry to hear.

they were smart enough to have the shipping address listed on their order that went to my email. seems as though they hacked my paypal and withdrew all funds from bank.

1 Like

Trying to cover up another Red Bull binge, are we?

1 Like

bruhhhhh. some jackass in hesperia almost got his christmas order filled. :expressionless:

i have two black and one silver with adaptive cruise, two blackpack no adaptive cruise. this is the last of my 2018 Volts.

$1,500 total down. OC tax 7.75%, supplier (any), current lease (any)
300 incl tax on 10k
313 incl tax on 12k
337 incl tax on 15k

onepay - OC tax 7.75%, supplier (any), current lease (any)
10,800 incl tax on 10k
11,200 incl tax on 12k
12,000 incl tax on 15k

will drop off tomorrow or early next week. Will not be here the weekend.
Trish
twohler@premierautomotive.com

What happens in a worst case scenario where the car is totaled prior to lease end. Is the entire one-pay amount lost or is the unpaid portion returned to the buyer?

Insurance (your insurance and/or gap insurance) will pay off the lease. If the payoff amount is less than the actual cash value of the car at the time of the accident you’ll get something like the difference back.

You don’t get back a prorated amount back.

Hmm, sounds risky or am I missing something?

And thanks, by the way.

Your risk is limited (at most) to the one-pay amount you paid.

1 Like

Thank you. So it can go either way depending on how good of a lease deal you secured. If my payoff for the lease would be higher than the car is deemed to be worth, I’d owe money as I understand it.

from the conversations ive had with GM… everything is case by case first and foremost. the general consensus is that you may lose driveoffs and acquisition fee. even on a 36m onepay, they still have a base payment, even in the deal structures we do, so it’s based off the unused portion of the base payment. net lease balance refers to extra products purchased. from when I was told. but again, every time is case by case as to how much.

What’s the best deal you have seen on a ZL1 ?

~$800/month with minimal down.

Confused about this. If I pay 10800 one pay then six mos from now total the car or it gets stolen I don’t get anything back?

OK, I stand corrected…
according to Tricia who should know take your one-pay amount, subtract off the drive-offs (tax/title/registration fees), subtract off the bank fee $650 (or so). Then prorate the balance over the remaining lease back to you.

But as Tricia stated, it’s on a case by case basis. So maybe it could be somewhat different.

from my understanding to what the GMF rep told me, yes. basically driveoffs are gone. and you’re credited back the unused base payment before tax.

Based on values and how the deal is structured you should be fine, assuming the insurance pays out a fair blue book on the car.

I am anywhere from 1K to 5K on the upside for a month old car on a one pay. I am sure this will change over the course of the lease, but as long as the deal is solid, and the car does not have a falsely inflated RV, you should be covered.

Gap insurance would protect you either way, I would imagine. If you are worried just make sure it is in the deal.

Can the bean counters at GM make this gobbly goop any more confusing or hard to understand?

It is the payoff amount on the car at time of loss (RV) - payoff amount from insurance. That’s it.

I would imagine you will lose drive offs no matter how you slice it. The upsell items are cancelled and cash refunded, but they will hold this and use in case you are upside down.

I am very interested to see a real world example on how these end up working out. My guess is, as long as the RV is accurate and the insurance company is not trying to screw you over, you should get every penny back.