Chevrolet Bolt Premier Deal in NJ (w/ Costco, Supplier, Loyalty) No Sales Tax, $5000 EV Credit - $4,789 one-pay

To be align with NJ incentives You need to get around 12% of additional dealer discount. NOT realistic IMO

I havenā€™t seen much conversation regarding the cost of buying and installing a charging station. Iā€™m aware that thereā€™s a $500 reimbursement from NJ, but what is the cost with that rebate?

Thats going to vary depending on the charger you buy. I havenā€™t researched what and electrician would charge to install it either. I probably wouldnā€™t try to do that kind of thing on my own.

This can definitely affect the overall cost. Any estimates out there or actual figures from people whoā€™ve contracted this out?

One phone call to NY dealer. $199/m . 36/12. $40k unit. All TTF included. Costco, clean rebate and conquest included as well. Another $2k dealer discount will bring payment to $140/m. I think at 199/m level he is selling the car at MSRP price

I wanted to share some of my favorite replies:

ā€œWe may be a little bit higher but Iā€™m confident our atmosphere and experience make buying a car a breath of fresh air compared to some of the stories we hear about our competitors.ā€

ā€œTo make sure we are on the same page you are asking me to discount my vehicle another $3,130?ā€

ā€œI ask because 10% is a large discount and I am not confident that we can come anywhere close to that. That being said, are you still interested in seeing pricing or are you only interested in the 10% off?ā€

ā€œI am sorry you could not negotiate the way that you wanted, but that should not reflect negatively on the salesperson.ā€

ā€œYour offer is not confusingā€¦We understand it, however you donā€™t qualify for any additional incentives that get you there. We all pay the same for these vehicles and your offer is below our cost.ā€

1 Like

But most people donā€™t NEED a charging station. Iā€™ve had zero problems with just a 220 outlet for a Leaf and an Ioniq. From what I have read, you can charge a Bolt from zero to full in 9-10 hrs on 220.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to know. So the main thing is changing the outlet to 220?
Why do people bother with a charging station in that case?

you donā€™t ā€œchangeā€ an outlet to 220, you need to run a new 220 32A (min) from your breaker. An no people donā€™t install level 3 charging stations in their house. Better keep reading forums and know what youā€™re getting into before buying.

1 Like

A true level 2 charging station is going to provide more stable power and faster charging. Amperage counts in addition to Voltage. Iā€™m not an electrician or and electrical engineer but I donā€™t think combining two 15 or 20 amp 110v electrical outlets will get you additional amperage to go along with the combined Voltage. Ideally you want a 30 amp, 220/240 outlet for the best possible charging results.

If youā€™re having one installed fresh then go for a 40 or 50 amp outlet. That way you can safely charge at 30 or 40 amps respectively.

1 Like

Your assumption is correct. A 40A 220v breaker is 40A on each side, not 20A x2. Even if you had two 30A 110v breakers, you donā€™t want to add them to create a single 220v circuit. Obviously, using two independent breakers runs the chance of tripping one and not the other, which would not be good.

Personally, I ran 40A 220 for charging my vehicles.

3 Likes

@ethanrs @ElectricEliminator
What does it mean to push for $300 less than supplier. How do you know what the supplier pricing is?

The supplier website will show you the supplier discount and price. Honestly, Iā€™d just focus on getting the best discount you can and not worry about what portion of it is supplier. The goal here should be to get as far below supplier price as possible, at least 10% off MSRP.