Cheap lease for 20 year old

Hello everyone! My little sister is in need of a cheap lease/finance vehicle in the Atlanta area market. She recently got into a wreck where her car was deemed a total loss. Unfortunately that means ordering a vehicle and waiting 6 months is out of the question. I am willing to travel for the right deal. anyone have any suggestions as to what direction i should be going to find her something? I have been looking at civism but the dealers local to me are charging the Adjusted market value fee and Iā€™m just not comfortable with that right now. Id prefer a cheap lease that i can afford to take over from her in case she goes abroad for med school. Any help is appreciated.

This question is getting asked frequently lately. Beyond the comments youā€™ll see in this thread, Iā€™d recommend scrolling through recent threads and reading those responses for more input.

Hereā€™s one from yesterday to get you started.

Also, search Marketplace, which has dealer and broker ads, and itā€™s there to help you find a car.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Hey thanks for the quick response! I saw that post as well but figured that since CA is on the opposite coast I would shoot my shot and see what was available along the eastern coast.

The basic principles are the same. And besides, the car I have here in Ohio I found in Virginia. :slight_smile:

I cashed in some AA miles and some Marriott points, headed for the airport, and drove it back the following day.

The only difference is about $15 due to sales tax.

EVs wildly swing when in NJ due to no sales tax and a rebate, but there is no cheap lease right now, if you want a lease you are looking just south of $400

What youā€™re looking for doesnā€™t exist.

You can either finance a new Corolla, Impreza, Soul, etc in the low $20k range or read this thread:

Whatā€™s your definition of cheap? $300/month?

1 Like

Im thinking between $3-$400 a month

If $0 Down, try nearer $400/month.

Putting Money Down will reduce your monthly payment but then you are just paying your ā€˜monthlies earlyā€™

Kia Forte, Hyundai Venue are the 2 lowest priced leases but to get that you need a broker such as @Clutch or @AutoNinjas may @AutoCompanion but Iā€™m not sure who can go down to GA.

A Toyota Corolla also comes to mind but itā€™s more than the other 2.

2 Likes

Why is a lease even a question? A 20 year old soon to leave the country for school should be in a 10 year old civic that happens to be a fine car to drive and will cost maybe $100 in depreciation a month.

Assuming sis isnā€™t Doogie Howser, it would likely another 2 yrs b/f sis leaves for school. Perhaps that timeframe works out for the OP to take over the lease. But I do agree w/ you that purchasing a used Civic is rarely a bad idea. :slight_smile:

To the OP, I think @Jrouleau426 had mentioned in another thread that a Tacoma might work (I think you a price range very similar to one in that other thread).

Thanks! Also have some Kia Soul and forte in the mid 300s

Iā€™d still suggest buying with a 72 month loan on most cheaper cars. Likely better off in the long run. I can assist with that as well.

I would nix the Tacoma in favor of a Kia Soul or Forte. My V6 had atrocious gas mileage, but my friend got the 4 banger and it was just as bad.

3 Likes

Finance a brand new Corolla LE, Soul, or similar.

Definitely do not get a truck thinking it will be a cheap lease. The MPG will destroy whatever you think youā€™re saving.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.