Chase private client pin code - are there dealers that accept it?

Hi. I was told by a JLR dealer that they don’t accept the Chase private client 10% discount because “the inventory is tight”. Does anyone know if there are dealers that do accept it? This is for a custom-ordered MY21 Velar (so the tight inventory is a bit odd of an excuse, it’s a specific car). Normally I wouldn’t want to consider shifting gears, but 10% is a big difference (and the offer is MSRP otherwise, w/no discounts).
Thank you.

Any dealer can choose to take or reject, or amend discount for a private client pin. Anyone can walk in and get the offer.

All it really is that it politely asks them to extend this discount to them, they have every right to tell you to beat it to the door. My answer? Just send an email to every sales manager email you can find for that, offer to put a deposit down for the order, etc.

:chocolate_bar:

Thank you @AutoCompanion - do you mind clarifying one bit: if I ordered the car with sales manager A in Dealership 1, and they say “beat it”, can I go to sales manager B in dealership 2 and have them retrieve that specific car from dealership 1? Or am I practically stuck with either paying whatever sales manager A wants or ordering the custom car again through dealership 2 and waiting another 3 months?

I’m in the market for an f pace and all the dealers have told me it would have to be with in stock cars, no orders. Today I visited Land Rover of Fairfield in ct. they accept it but add to money factor. Land Rover of Huntington also accepts it. Haven’t reach the money factor talk yet.

I am trying to get a dealer to accept it on a F-Pace and give me the base mf as well. I never mentioned leasing initially and they agreed to the discount. Now I want to lease because the base MF is so low but they won’t even get close. I can go take them a check and they make $X but if I want to lease they insist on making more…I don’t get it.

JLR dealers can chose to accept the PIN, or not. With leases, they will almost always markup the MF. Quite unheard of these days for JLR dealers to offer base MF with the demand/supply situation.

You can try moving on to a different dealer but don’t get your hopes up

1 Like

How is the discount funded? If Chase is making the dealer whole , there is little reason why they should not.

It’s the opposite. They are NOT subsidizing. It’s pure dealer discount.

1 Like

which is why asking a jlr dealer to burn an allocation for 10% off and buy rate is nuts.

OP you are going to have a much, much, much easier time using that pin on an in-stock unit.

Yeah 10% or 5% for certain units.

Can you clarify “in-stock”? What I mean is:

1. I placed a custom order. The car is being built/shipped (lack any clarity on where in that process)
  2. Can a dealer other than the one that placed the custom order reroute the order if I’m willing?
  3. If not, the minute the car arrives, it becomes an “in-stock unit”? If the dealer I’m working with says “MSRP or bust”, can I have a different dealer request this (now “in-stock”) car for me?

Bottom line, am I fully at the mercy of the dealer that placed the order, or is there a way to get wiggle room? And yes, I do want that particular car (thus the hassle of configuring it).

Thanks for any thoughts…

What did you agree to pricing wise before they ordered it?

You’re not going to get another dealer to renegotiate your incoming order here.

1 Like

The obvious guess/answer is that there were purchase-only incentives embedded in the discount they agreed to.

Sadly, no discounts - the dealer said there are no discounts on Velar whatsoever due to the delays etc on orders overall. Furthermore, he said he can’t discuss any price at all until the month the vehicle arrives. So now I’m trying to see if anything can be done or not. After all if I refuse the order, it will just sit in his lot no, or is this not an incentive to negotiate? That’s why I was asking if another dealer can request that car from this dealer’s lot.

He may not be able to give you a monthly payment figure, but he certainly can negotiate discount amount/mark up amount.

The dealer isn’t willing to discuss any discount. So, the question is whether I have an option to get the car through a different dealer (once it arrives or before), or will this only work if I place an entirely new custom order.

Find another dealer who will accept the 10% PIN, work out a deal on a similar vehicle. If you are satisfied with their breakdown then order it, RV & MF might fluctuate but probably minimal.
The PIN might actually not be relevant when the car comes in either, they will only go off of the time it comes in, not now.
Dealer salesman told me he believes the PIN will be around for a bit, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

If you have already placed an order with a dealer, would you have not already agreed to a price? You lock in the incentives at the time of order or you can use the incentives at time of delivery if better. Your price is already agreed upon. I’m going to go with: if you back out and they are stuck with the car, another dealer will most likely not be able to get it from them in trade in order to get you a better deal as that seems to be your question.

Once the car arrives at dealer A, it’s essentially owned by dealer A. Dealers B thru Z can try to do a swap but there’s no guarantee it will happen or that it will happen at a better price.

They get inventory to sell. Supply issues just means they have another vehicle to actively sell (and it will sell). Just look at how much inventory there is these days and people are still buyjng