CHALLENGE! find a sporty car - below 350$ (incl. taxes) from OH willing to drive if needed

You have too wide a range of cars and too wide a range of must haves relative to your price point. If you narrow yourself down to a top 2-3 choices you can focus your analytical efforts instead on how you could potentially find a lease that gets, to or close to, your monthly payment goal. There are tons of shared deals and discussions around many of the models on your list to use as starting benchmarks.

the numbers are correct till last month (or earlier)
the tiguan price i got from the local dealer (Cincinnati OH)

I really wanted that people here will come up maybe with more cars that i didnt look into…
every month there is a sweet deal somewhere on a specific car and im trying to find this month’s

It seems like there haven’t been too many crazy hackr worthy deals in at least a couple of months. Tiguan S is about the only current thing that comes to mind.

I was in contact with the local dealer of BMW which every time I try to talk to them they don’t have any loaners and the offers are ridiculously bad (even though I have the Bank Of America employee extra incentive)
I cant find a good deal on the BMW.

I really liked the 430 after driving it for a while rented - the 330 is pretty basic but also an option but still, the offers I got from this dealer was nothing below the 450

Running some rough numbers the 430i GC loaner deals around here I come up with about $420 - $430ish (including the awful 9.5% LA sales tax) with just TTL DAS. Finding the right dealer is key.

If you’re looking for a deal, you have to be willing to travel and work with more than the “local dealer.” If not, you’re going to be at their mercy.

if you just moved to the US, what’s your credit situation? Because all this doesn’t even matter if you don’t have a credit history.

im willing to travel
but I dont know where to try? there are SO MANY states :slight_smile:

I co-sign my sister with perfect credit - thought of that too

you have a very nice sister then

1 Like

I love this forum but sometimes I don’t understand the hostile responses to general questions. I doubt @nivo07 meant that the “challenge” was for the other forum members. He just wanted some advice.

For those of us who don’t live and breathe car leases 365 days a year, sometimes getting a quick suggestion from one of the more knowledgeable members of the site is very helpful. I know I’m very thankful that @Ursus suggested I looked at S90s last year, and I appreciate the feedback I’ve gotten for my wife’s upcoming lease.

5 Likes

well… blood is thicker than money :slight_smile:

Your list is at 30 cars tested from what I see, you want to close a deal by the end of the month and we are 10 days in, its time to decide and get to work on making a good deal happen. The truly epic lease hacks here are the result of a lot of work and focus on specific models, finding a willing deal and maximizing variables to sweeten the deal like rebates, residual values, tax credits etc.

1 Like

There are many people that come to this forum, don’t contribute and want everything done for them and then get mad when someone doesn’t give it to them in 1 min. OP didn’t post his research until much later in the discussion and I personally think most here have been pretty friendly and given him advice. OP is def in analysis paralysis at this current stage that why many of us have told him to narrow it down and focus on a few cars.

3 Likes

lets say the the top 15 are actually an option…the others are not.

cars that I really liked:

• BMW 430 convertible - fun ar to drive
  • Infinity Q60 3.0T AWD - awesome driving experience
  • Ford Mustang 2.3 ecoBoost - fit me right
  • Lexus IS300 - not the fastest but well engineered
  • Alfa Romeo Guilia - dynamic driving nice interior (RED)
  • Honda Accord - pretty quick and nice features added (luck of uniqueness)
  • Kia Stinger - looks great havent drove yet but numbers looks right (price NOT)
  • Cadillac ATS 2.0T - fun to drive and i don’t mind the small rear seats
  • Subaru Impreza WRX STI - price too high and i wish I had it automatic
    -Lexus RX350 - beauty from every angle

didn’t like:

• chevy camaro
  • QX60
  • S90 T6 - too big
  • TLX (2.4L) - not enough pull

no bad nor good

• MB C300 - nice interior not exciting driving exp.
  • Q50 3.0T - fun driving the look is not appealing
  • challenger/charger - fun to drive too boring interior (feels like police car)
  • Acura RDX - nice car but the model was too basic
  • Toyota Camery 6V - in the middle (SE trim)
  • lexus NX - too basic
    -Audi A4 - nice car but too expensive to what you get

no way:

• Toyota Rav 4
  • Ford Escape
  • VW Passat (basic 2.0)
  • Ford Fussion
  • Nissan rogue/altima/etc…
  • subaru Legacy
    -Mazda 6
  • chevy malibu 2.0T - hate the way it looks
  • MB CLA/GLA - piece of s#!t car
  • Acura ILX - too basic
  • Jeep wrangler - not as a main car
2 Likes

I posted that chart a few months ago though :slight_smile:

as you can see all the preferred once have some kind of uniqueness, good driving performance and slick look (in my opinion) those are the cars that turn my head with their sharp look - and I am looking for something like that

i can’t keep track of every post from every person over an extended period of time, only @Ursus knows how to do that :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I posted that chart a few months ago :sunglasses:

1 Like