CCAP Early lease buyout requiring dealer involvement?

At the advice of this forum I went directly to the bank to do the transaction and skip the dealer all together and I got a response back that included a requirement that I must transact with the dealer? What gives? Dealer terms are bolded but I pasted the full terms in case there’s other details that are useful for others to see how CCAP is handling these transactions today.

Thank you for requesting the purchase price quote for your leased vehicle. The terms of this quote are as follows:

• This quote is invalid if you plan to trade this vehicle towards the purchase or lease of another vehicle. If this vehicle is being used as a trade-in, a separate dealer quote will be provided which may be different from the purchase price quote provided in this letter.
  • For trade-in transactions, please have your dealer contact us at 1-855-563-5635.
  • You must set up an appointment with your originating dealer, or any other original franchised dealership, to complete the purchase of this vehicle. Note that the dealer may charge a document or other administrative fee for processing such purchase (contact the dealer for the amount of any fees). The purchase price quote contained in this letter is good through 12/24/2021 and is available to you, the lessee only, for the purchase of your leased vehicle through your dealer.

Current Purchase Price
Purchase Option Fee
Other Tax (Includes Service Tax, if applicable) Unpaid Late Charges
Unpaid Monthly Payments
Unpaid Property Taxes
Unpaid Toll/Parking Violations
Sales Tax
Total Amount Due

$ 34,879.28
$ 350.00
$ 0.00
$ 0.00
$ 0.00
$ 0.00
$ 0.00

• $ 0.00
    $ 35,229.28

This purchase price quote is subject to a final reconciliation and accounting, and the quoted amount may change if there are returned payments or additional fees assessed on the account within thirty (30) days of this quote. Your dealer will pay the purchase price quote amount directly to Chrysler Capital to complete the purchase transaction for the sale of this vehicle to you, the lessee. Payoffs received after the above “good through” date may be subject to additional charges. If you decide to purchase the vehicle, the title will be released once the account has been paid in full and upon verification of final payment clearance.

Your Security Deposit, if applicable, will be refunded to you after all obligations are paid under the lease agreement. This payoff amount does not deduct unearned premiums for ancillary products, such as credit life insurance, purchased and financed within the loan.

If you purchased credit insurance or any other ancillary product in connection with the lease of your vehicle, you may be entitled to a refund of unearned premiums. Please contact your dealer for details about recovering unearned premiums for credit insurance or any other ancillary product.

If you have an automated payment arrangement in place with your financial institution for this account, please instruct them to cancel future payments once you have purchased this vehicle through your dealer and your account has been paid in full.

Any sales tax collected has been based on our most current knowledge of your state and local requirements. We encourage you to contact your local taxing authority to verify if additional taxes will be due.

Discrepancies in the amount collected, as well as any invoices received by Chrysler Capital after the date of this letter, will remain your responsibility as referenced in your lease agreement. Please consult your state and local officials for tax obligations on the purchase of this vehicle.

Sincerely, Chrysler Capital

Are you in FL?

Good catch @RVguy.

This intrigued me (as I am in FL), so I went to the payoff documents I have received from CCAP…and the wording was IDENTICAL, but I did not have that bolded statement as shown in @fireberd350 post above.

So…is CCAP changing the game a bit casually?

I also just checked another CCAP payoff doc (from November) and the line about going to a dealer was not present. Im not trying to start a frenzy here with this, but it is curious that CCAP added this line that was definitely not on any of my payoff statements.

1 Like

Pretty sure OP is in PA, truck is in PA.

FL is the only state I know of where a company has to have a dealer license to do a lease buyout and many lenders don’t have one so they have to send the lease back to a dealer. And it’s tricky because the doc fee in FL is the wildcard that lenders can’t control so the verbiage on the contract has to be fairly loose to be compliant. Ally lost a $20M class action lawsuit a couple years ago over this so most lenders have a attempted to button up their FL lease agreements.

1 Like

State is PA

Literally dealing with the same thing , called last month and they sent one letter , now that letter expired and I called again and got different wording

1 Like

Has anyone confirmed if the payoff is any different for a non-stellantis dealer?

Same so far

PA resident. Bought in GA.

Just requested a payoff amount and got the same language.

Interested to hear what folks experience is for the payoff from non franchised dealers (Carmax/GMTV/etc)

1 Like

On the phone right now trying to get the verbiage of the old letter . Wonder if they are trying to stop 3rd party buyouts and going the same crap route of Nissan where you have to buy it from the dealer

Doubt it, since it says it just says you’d need a separate quote for 3rd parties, which has always been the case.

1 Like

They just confirmed on the phone it is still allowed. I asked about the letter and he said they have changed it for the last couple of days but i should be fine buying it out personally without dealer interference .

Whew. Hope it stays that way. Otherwise going to have to cancel my 22 4XE order to keep my 21.

1 Like

Whew. Any instruction on how do you go about completing the transaction?

As of now I have financing in line with my credit union and ccap gave me an address to overnight a check . It’s actually a different address then the one on the above letter so I guess they’re moving things around

I called CCAP for a personal lease buyout letter yesterday 01/18/22 and confirmed no issued with buyout myself or through 3rd party dealers. Dealer buyout might be different than personal buyout.

I’m in GA and taxed on the total leased cost where my lease buyout quote didn’t list sale tax. I see where @spockvr6 and @L2815 are in FL with the sales tax listed in their buyout letter. @fireberd350…how is PA taxed on lease? Monthly, total leased cost, or total selling price of vehicle?

Would a 3rd party dealer such as Carvana/Carmax, etc. buyout amount excluding sale taxes?

Leases are not my expertise but I believe the taxes are paid monthly at the PA sales tax rate (6%) plus an additional 2% on top. The lease buyout will include shoring up the full remaining tax bill per the original invoiced purchase price. I’m not sure, however, if the 2% applies to the final buyout or is only a factor on the monthly portions.

1 Like