Cars that you had…..that you wish you never got rid of

Don’t have a picture but my 3G TL Type-S with a 6MT. was such a fun car, and we brought my daughter home from the hospital with it. Sold to buy a truck to tow the racecar

I’ve driven & owned many vehicles, these are still some of the best driving cars I’ve experienced to date.

3 Likes

@drdvrgs You sold the red Supra? Say it ain’t so. :cry: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

I gave it away at 33k with only 90k on it during covid :clown_face:

1 Like

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: 10char

2010 BMW 335d! Traded in my G37 (also fun) for the diesel.

To this day, I have not driven anything that comes close to how I felt driving the D. I know there are better cars but this my personal best. Definitely a sleeper beast.

I sigh every time I think about it.

5 Likes

I’ll play…

4/2003 production LeMans Blue M5, 90k miles when I sold it…

2013 911 7MT slicktop.

12 Likes

That m5 tho
What you sell it for?

Interesting review. I would think the G37 to be quite comparable, in terms of quickness, to the 335d…if not a hair quicker. Infiniti/Nissan had some legendary motors with the VQ series.

1 Like

A new X5 50i lol… It was a 3rd/4th car that was very rarely driven. Always wanted an E39 since they were new, bought it sight unseen on BaT a while back. I should have figured out a storage solution to keep it.

1 Like

Like you OP… my 1995 Supra. Won Hot Import Nights LA (how bout that for a throw back to HIN)

Painted Audi S4 Nogaro Blue Pearl. Bomex front bumper with veilside side skirts (same as paul walkers orange supra). Rod Millen carbon fiber wing, volk GT-N wheels in gunmetal, Greddy exhaust.

IMG_20190203_204823_618

15 Likes

Can’t tell if that’s a Lotus Evora or a Mclaren…

I believe McLaren…looks like an mp412.

3 Likes

Lawwwd have mercy that blue :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah looks way too big to be a Lotus tbh

G37 was indeed quicker off the line. But the D would smoke everyone effortlessly at cruising speed.

You are going at 80, slight tap and you are at 100 in a blink, while staying in the top gear. Had 425 lb-ft of torque.

1 Like

I bet that was a blast to drive. I wasn’t thinking of the additional torque with it being diesel.

Yes!
I have never been a 0-60 kind of driver (no scorn, just not my thing). The intoxicating power on tap with torquey rides is what I prefer. EVs definitely fit the bill so not all is lost but ICE and EV do have different driving characteristics and I guess I am just trying to hang on to the past.

The z4 was by far my favorite. The ah3 was great too. Both were picked up via euro delivery.

3 Likes

I was fortunate enough to have owned these wonderful exotics…

AmeriSpec Grey Market ‘84 512 BBi…

US Spec ‘67 275GTB/4…

Sold them years ago… prices have doubled since then…

….

12 Likes