Car Wash Leased Vehicle?

I HAVE to wash my leased car in order to see out of the windows. That said, because it’s black, touchless only and I’ll slap a guy if he ignores that and lifts a brush.

Hand wash all the cars. I do it to decompress.

1 Like

Just discussions and having fun. I am very capable of using the search function.

Haha! That’s my signal on my work cars, can’t see, time to head to the car wash.

I live in Colorado, you can do all the magic coating etc that you want, but in the end your car just gets trashed.

1 Like

Yeah no coating will stop a CO sudden hail storm @joeblogs lol.

1 Like

Yea I did too, but they scratch like crazy

I use a soft bristle toothbrush to make sure I keep it fresh. I get the entire thing, every inch of it. Since it’s so time consuming, the huge benefit is I only need a 1,500 mile a year lease, but the manufacturer appreciates it when I return the car with < 5k miles in pristine condition.

5 Likes

Doesn’t matter if its owned or leased, I always either hand wash myself or get it done. I have a gentleman who hand washes cars at residene for $25 inside out and believe me, he spends 2 hrs on one car. Hard working fella who is very honest. I get all my household cars done by him once a month, and then in between if they get dirty, i have a Mobil gas station nearby that has touchless car wash for $2.99 only :laughing: cant beat that.

1 Like

If you’re in a snowy climate, touch less is a complete waste of time, and when it’s freezing out you can’t hand wash, great reason to find used cars from Cali, Texas or Florida!

I used to hand wash all my cars when I was younger. It was a hobby and honestly, when you wash the car yourself you’ll notice all the grooves and details.

These days on my leases, I just use the automatic car washes for like $6 with the self vacuum in the end. I heard the automatic car washes is bad for the paint over time and the brushes may scratch the paint. Is this true?

It’s difficult to imagine that a gigantic plastic-bristled brush that may or may not have just washed an off road enthusiast’s Econoline 250 Baja van doesn’t cause some latent damage as compared to a diaper dunked in a soapy bucket.

But hey, that’s just one more reason I lease. Screw the paint’s longevity. Car looks good enough for me. When I was younger and not a dad I spent lots of time washing. It was therapy. Now I have neither the time nor the facility. Nor the desire.

4 Likes

Don’t hand wash the CFO’s(wife’s)car, it just makes you angry, you find all the scratch and dents!

3 Likes

Just getting in her car and finding empty water bottles, receipts for petty purchases (because we’re totally returning that box of bagels, eggs, etc) is aggravating. Lol.

7 Likes

I can’t believe the comments I’m reading here?!! People washing their car once a year? Yikes!

I’m very anal and detail as a hobby. (I have a porter cable polisher)

I pay $19 a month for unlimited touch less car washes so my car gets washed about twice a week.

Just gave the new 3 series a new car detail. (Yes, new cars need a detail).
I clayed it, light machine polish and a coat of wax)

Like I said, I love my cars looking clean and showroom condition.

3 Likes

My favorite is when I finally get around to cleaning her car for her because it’s driving me crazy and I find the center console jammed to the brim with food wrappers, etc. She’s in school full time and is on the move a lot with the kids, so I get it to a point. But when the console is full, you would probably clean it out, right? Oh no… That’s what the glove compartment is for!

1 Like

hell, if I could get that deal, mine would always be clean, too! It costs me that much for just 1 wash.

1 Like

For the first 18 months of our lease I left my wife responsible for cleaning her own car. At 18 months and 1 day, I changed that policy after spending 3 hours cleaning it from top to bottom. Now I just do the inside and outside.

I wish I had somewhere close that I could cough up $19/month for unlimited touchless washes.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t complain. It’s really cheap at $19 a month including tax. I can literally run it thru the car wash 10x a day if I wanted to.

Car is always spotless.

I only lease cars I think I might buy in the future. I get the paint corrected, and ceramic coat all of them.

Yeah, I may not own it. But I also don’t want to drive a filthy vehicle. I take pride in what I pay for, cars are a huge part of our daily lives.