Car Wash Leased Vehicle?

if they had a car wash people couldn’t drive like maniacs through the parking lot anymore. Hmm.

In my area there’s a few places that do monthly memberships for unlimited washes. I pay $25/mo. Great deal…but you have to go during the week late morning/early afternoon or it’s packed.

2 buckets, 2 grit guards, a pack of good microfiber rags, and for wash products that’s personal preference but I like Meguiars (gold class car wash and wheel spray).

4 Likes

My purchasing dealer gives complimentary washes on veh purchased w them.

In fact, it’s somewhat known that if you show up with one of their dealer plate frames they’ll just wash it rather than verify or tell you to get lost. They are very CS oriented…

In all my past BMW’s that I’ve owned and leased, I used Zymol or Meguiars, but the last few years switched over the Klasse all in one. It’s easy to apply and looks great. Now there are ceramic and synthetic coating that can last years, no experience with those. I have gotten pretty lazy lately with waxing, and usually do it a few times the first year and fo-get-a-bout-it the rest of the years.

I just picked up Meguiars ceramic hybrid spray, haven’t used it yet though. Looks promising though.

@Siejammy, After washing, do you just spray it on?

Not trying to be a shill for Amazon but …

Chemical Guys MIC_493 Chenille Microfiber Premium Scratch-Free Wash Mitt, Lime Green
Chemical Guys MIC_507_06 Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towel, Gold (16 in. x 24 in.) (Pack of 6)
Chemical Guys CWS_110 Honeydew Snow Foam Car Wash Soap and Cleanser (1 Gal)
Chemical Guys ACC_G09 Body and Wheel Flagged Tip Short Handle Brush

1 Like

I run my truck through the $5 auto wash twice a month, every 4th time I splurge and spend the extra $1 for spray on wax. I’m never going to hand wash or wax my car again, one of the benefits of leasing, and why I prefer a 2 year lease. That clearcoat still looks shiny enough after 24 months.

Leased cars as per contract must have a ceramic clear coating applied at lease inception and then at the 24 month mark you have to do paint correction. A wax and detail is required every 6 months to maintain the clear and shine of the leased vehicle. Your dealer will probably have recommendations for the detail shops they use.

Just kidding. You could literally not wash the car once, it doesn’t really matter how you wash a car! Hand wash, automatic wash, spit shine; get creative!

5 Likes

I don’t see myself owning anything valuable enough to spend $$$$ for paint correction much less spending that on a lease!

Good one though!

This reminds me of how dealers are always advertising their CPO/ Used cars as 1 owner vehicles. 1 owner can be more destructive than three good owners, with resetting oil change indicators, brush car washes, etc.

2 Likes

So does mine…do I want to travel 300 miles each way to take advantage is the question :grin:

That could present a value proposition.

Just go once a year but have them wash it 50 times in row.

2 Likes

Yea basically and then wipe it down

People tend to use the easiest method until it bites them on the ass.

I estimated my previous black Merc had around 5 (~ 2 before I leased it, 3 after) washes at the dealer and already had a very noticeable swirl mark on the hood/bonnet. Never doing that again, I’m now one of those people who put a piece of paper in the vehicle at servicing that says “do not wash”.

1 Like

I polish and ceramic coat all my cars then wash it myself. Why? Because I know how to and I love the way it looks. Did it again to my 2nd GT

4 Likes

First “lease vs buy” and now this? You really need to search before starting new threads.

2 Likes

I hand wash the leased cars I like (i.e., the MX-5). Being inside a dirty car kinda diminishes the enjoyment I get out of a nice or new car.

I love Eagle One’s Wax-As-You-Dry; it’s a spray wax that you spray onto a wet car. The product helps aid the drying process. A waffle weave microfiber towel is great as well. Always wash in the early morning or evening, never under the direct sun.

3 Likes