Car Insurance Deductibles

Where do you live that you’re paying 277 a month for an xc60 policy?

Queens NYC. I live next to a highway too :slightly_smiling_face:. Probably 10 accidents a day

Also Google is your friend

https://www.volvocarfinancialservices.com/help-center/insurance/insurance-coverage-lease

1 Like

I’m assuming the dealership was smoking the good stuff when they looked at the insurance papers

How can I get cheaper insurance?
Allstate is about 1029 a month for a xc60 , progressive is about 719, liberty mutual is 568, travelers is 277

Did you miss the slight detail that he’s 18?

1 Like

This explains so much

You have your answer: your minimum comp/collision deductible is $1000 irrespective of the coverage.

Your insurance is so expensive because:

• you’re leasing
  • the replacement value is over $45k
  • the probability of at least one claim in the lease term is close to 1

Because you’re leasing, and VCFS is also on the policy (someone had to tell your insurance whom the captive is and provide this info), the insurance company does share your policy limits and deductible with the captive. Even if it wasn’t enough when you rolled-out, the dealership knows they’ll catch it when it’s audited (and ultimately it’s your responsibility if you’re under-insured in an accident).

One reason I paid cash for my first car, which had a replacement value of probably $3k (vs $45k+).

FWIW I still get an insurance quote for every car I seriously consider leasing: I was more than twice your age when I finally leased a Volvo (or something with an MSRP this high).

If you have to worry about coverage and deductibles on your lease, you’re driving too much car.

I hope your parents (or whoever’s policy you are on) has umbrella coverage too. :umbrella:

3 Likes

You’re not living in PA, you’re living in a forest in PA if you’re paying that less :joy:

3 Likes

Dont forget the car was leased in the parents name

So if I can pay that 2500 then it’s fine?
@mllcb42 is saying they will charge me
While your saying I’d be responsible in case of an accident :man_facepalming:t3:

I think you’re missing the point that has been brought up over and over.

If you leave it at $2500, when Volvo finds out, expect a very painful bill to show up from Volvo for the supplemental insurance that they take out because you have underinsured the vehicle from what you agreed to.

It’s not just a case of if you get in an accident, you’ll be stuck paying $2500. You’ll be stuck paying $2500 AND the bill to Volvo for the supplemental insurance.

4 Likes

I pay $423 PER YEAR for very good coverage on my MDX via Progressive

From my understanding OP only needs to me one requirement OR the other.

If you want to leave it set at a $2,500 deductible then you need to meet the requirements of having 100k liability, 300k bodily injury and 50k property damage.

Run those numbers then get a quote for 400k bodily injury, 100k property damage with a $1,000 deductible and go with whatever is less expensive.

1 Like

No thats wrong.

$1000 deductible or less. Period.

Its been stated like 10 times in this thread and OP wont accept the answer regardless of how he asks the question.

7 Likes

You’re grouping together the bullets in a way that they’re not intended to be grouped.

If we re-order them appropriately, it’d read something like this:

• Max $1000 deductible
  • Liability - $100k
  • Bodily Injury - $300k
  • Either $50k per incident property damage Or Combined single limit of $500k for bodily injury and property damage
3 Likes

OP Like

flummoxed

7 Likes

I really miss our other teen after reading OP’s posts for a while.

8 Likes

It isn’t the dealer’s responsibility to verify you meet the insurance terms of your contract. Stop blaming other people for you not reading the terms.

6 Likes

Called Volvo. They said they don’t track the insurance info as long as the car is covered. They won’t take out any extra insurance for me either. They said that if I were to total the car I would be paying 2500 out of my pocket but it’s fine they said. It is a 1000 dollar deductible though . They also said they won’t bill me after they find out either because I would be responsible for the extra money I owe

CAN YOU REMOVE SLOW MODE****

Made my day reading this. Even it is sarcastic.

But don’t worry

2 Likes