Can you “steal” tax payer money?

There were 100 resolutions and 50 votes.

1 Like

LOL. I love it when leftists suddenly LURVE the military and police when justifying theft via taxation. But that shit doesn’t work with me because I’d happily cut the military budget by 75%. What else ya got? The brave men and women of the department of Agriculture? How about those heroes the NLRB? Hard working, sacrificing every day for you and me!!

1 Like

Slow Mode makes this place pretty dull, so please use some restraint from here.

4 Likes

Maybe the Interstate Highway System that we use to drive all of the hacked leases on?

Was appreciative of the FAA went I needed to go to do a round trip flight this week.

I’d agree with you that I’d be completely content with a smaller military. I’d also be content if the government returned flood insurance to the private market, maybe get out of the crop insurance market as well.

4 Likes

The same FAA that had a cascading failure this morning?

Pothole Pedro is doing a bang up job there. :eyes:

2 Likes

You’re praising the FAA…today? LOL!
Wow dude. You get a top 10 worst timing award. And even so that is funded with airline taxes. You know that $300 flight you took? $75 of that went to the FAA.

As for taXeS paY foR hiGHwAys arguments, yeah GAS TAXES pay for those highways, not income taxes.

If income taxes were the only taxes I paid I might be somewhat OK with it. But on top of the 35% they steal from me there, I pay gas tax, sales tax, property tax, FAA tax, airport tax, car rental tax, hotel occupancy tax, cell phone tax, and another 100 or so taxes. So spare me this “without the IRS we’d have nothing” nonsense.

2 Likes

Final warning before slow mode.

Back on topic please.

2 Likes

There is a topic? Jk Jk. i will see myself out.

2 Likes

I’ve been too busy changing my core belief systems back and forth as a result of all of these convincing arguments to really notice. :smiley:

8 Likes

im right GIF

2 Likes

Ha! This is the first that I’ve been in here (I’m not sure how I’ve managed to avoid it since June of '21).

The plot seems to be the legalities/usage of the $7,500 (with CCAP), and the morals (or therefore lack of? :stuck_out_tongue:) around it. “Tax payer money” seems far too generic for this thread. :coin: :coin:

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

bahahaha
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

2 Likes
Should this thread be closed?
  • Yes
  • Yes, please

0 voters

there is a typo i’d argue.

Sure, I stumble into some fun and the party is going to be over soon. :laughing:

2 Likes

Missed one: “F@ck yes!”

2 Likes

Don’t be hot tub time machining this thread!

Personally, I think the $7500 credit should be used for a car that you plan to keep. And we know that’s not happening but how large is that percentage? 5%? 10%? There is much more “stealing” going on than that in other things.

1 Like

Yes, of course not. I was more interested in how they’re holding their value, as I didn’t really like the car, even if it seems like a good deal all in all. Ended up passing on the purchase.

Closed per LH Moderation Guidelines.

1e: Topic has outlived its usefulness (e.g., replies beating a dead horse or circular conversations)