Can I charge an EQS SUV using my dryer plug from second floor apartment?

How do I know which stations have a magic dock?

1 Like

Expect to pay a lot to use one.

You can also download plugshare to find other non-EA ccs fast chargers near you.

3 Likes

anywhere from $1000 to $5000 depends on level and installation cost

could be $200 too idk how maybe tax breaks?

1 Like

You have to understand I am speaking as a selfish Tesla owner!

And in seriousness, since I believe the super chargers are going to bill based on kWh, I wonder if there are provisions in this that prevent someone from just parking a car there all day and charging at a lower rate? They must have thought of this when opening up the network, I just haven’t researched it much.

1 Like

Stick to gas power - electric is for people with garage

3 Likes

Ariel agrees.
The Little Mermaid Yes GIF

3 Likes

And Tesla stations are not cheap… that’s the price of convenience and reliability. That’s why people generally charge at home - there are power plans specifically for EV charging or homes with solar/PV systems.

This usually refers to a high-powered EA station, likely one with 150kw or 350kw. And no, no home level 2 EVSE charges at that rate. A level 2 charger seen in most homes and dealerships will give you about 25-30 miles/hr (roughly).

2 Likes

even a 350kw charger will never get to 350 lol – I think hybrid wins out globally – full EV is a fools errand – unless you can go 0-400 miles in 5 minutes

3 Likes

agreement yes GIF by South Park

I do like how many of the Tesla superchargers vary their pricing based on demand however.

With some of the changes coming here in Florida to residential utility pricing, it’s starting to be less of a penalty to charge commercially than at home however :frowning:

2 Likes

Unlimited monthly charging of your ev for $35/mo still doesnt sound like a bad price to me

1 Like

And I know I am in a terribly small minority, but I had a few i3 REX and I thought it was a fantastic setup. Something that with the current gen EV ranges would really be nice.

2 Likes

No such thing here unfortunately. If there was I would be all over it.

1 Like

Youre not on FPL?

1 Like

Duke Energy

The best they have for EVs, and it is difficult to get on the program, is a $10 per month per EV (max of 2 EVs per account) credit if you agree to charge only during certain hours.

1 Like

Youre The Worst Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

2 Likes

Yes I concur. I am very displeased with them currently.

In December 2022, 1000 kWh would have cost a residential customer $150.

In January 2023, 1000 kWh would have cost a residential customer about $169.

In April 2023, 1000 kWh is going to cost a residential customer $199.

The incremental cost per unit of energy will be higher past 1000 kWh.

1 Like

Even with just a 4xe that would be worth it✔️

With something like a Tesla…its a no doubter.

The funny thing is, with my day to day power use, i burn more power in my 4xe than i would with a tesla

2 Likes

Honestly…prob same in my case. My wife drives the Tesla and I drive the Jeep (generally speaking) and I probably drive 5 to 10 times the miles she does and I am using the car that is about 1/3 as efficient, lol. Makes no sense…but she absolutely despises the Jeeps.

1 Like

And this is why I don’t use Tesla superchargers except on road trips… cheapest rates are midnight-8am hmm…

4 Likes