Can anyone match this Ioniq 6 deal? (AZ)

News coverage today about a bulletin sent to Hyundai dealers.

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2024-hyundai-ioniq-6-secret-239-mo-lease-is-crazy-cheap

$239 per month, $0 down.

What is the dealer discount and MF required to get this deal? Anyone have access to the figures so that I can create a calculator for this deal? Thanks!

From the cars direct article you linked:

“Yesterday, the 2024 Hyundai IONIQ 6 SE got an unbelievable national lease deal priced at $239 for 24 months with $239 due at signing before taxes & fees.”

A few things to point out here:

1. Most national lease deals are worse than broker deals advertised in the Marketplace, or even deals you can negotiate yourself.
  2. Good luck finding a dealer willing to match this unadvertised deal.
  3. As you can see, you will still have to pay fees (such as acquisition fee, dealer fee, registration and license fee) + taxes upfront.

No clue about dealer discount required. You are going to have to figure that out.

If you become a super supporter, you can have access to Rate Findr [RATE FINDR | LEASEHACKR], where you can search for MF or RV for a specific vehicle. In the mean time, you can post on the Edmunds Forum to request that info along with incentives for your zip code.

1 Like

Probably worth paying a broker fee here. I believe the 2k das doesn’t even include all the inceptions. Like the acquisition fee is rolled into the payment. There is tons of taxed incentives here. So $2k das and $205/mo is way better than the advertised deal.

Edit: I see you’re in AZ. Not sure if Jeff can do AZ.

1 Like

From Hyundai’s website. The MSRP listed for this deal is $43,600 for an SE rwd.

You are better off working with a broker, IMO.

2 Likes

2000/24 is approximately $83, which takes that broker deal above the national deal? What am I missing here?

1 Like

Regarding the dealer discount for the national program: that’s why I’m asking here. I know there are people here with access to this backend data to breakdown a national offer on a national bulletin. I don’t have access to that.

Regarding getting a dealer to match, if it’s a national bulletin sent from Hyundai, this should be an easy task, right? What am I missing? I’m not asking for an individual hacker’s deal; I’m trying to replicate a national offer.

You were literally given a link through which you can access that data.

2 Likes

That’s for a different offer, not the one mentioned by CarsDirect. Did you read the links I added?

You were literally given a link (to RateFindr) that would help you to

1 Like

I’m not asking for RV/MF, which is what the Rate Finder link provides. I’m asking for the dealer discount contribution required on this specific national offer, which is different from the image posted by another member here, and is also not contained in the Rate Finder link. That’s still not responsive.

I need to know this figure so that I can ensure I’m on track with negotiating the one thing I can negotiate with the local dealer–their discount from MSRP (and ensuring add-ons are taken off).

What national program? The one from cars direct that is not advertised by Hyundai?

Read the link again. CarsDirect is reporting on an internal bulletin sent to Hyundai dealers from Hyundai. In other words, a national program organized by Hyundai to move these cars. What am I missing?

Good luck getting answers to your question. I do not have access to any internal bulletin sent to Hyundai dealers.

I appreciate your contributions. Hopefully someone here works at a Hyundai dealer and has read the bulletin. I’m ready to sign as soon as I can put this deal together.

This deal doesn’t sound crazy but your definitely not gonna get exactly that maybe close to it, but dealers gotta keep the lights on and they won’t give you exactly that, I’d say within 30-50 dollars a month and with a grand down your there easy if you annoy every single desk manager within 250 miles from you

That broker deal is $2k at drive-off. The nation deal, in small print says, excludes tax, title, etc, which is going to total about $3k on the Ioniq, depending on your local tax rate - around $1000 for taxes, $650 acquisition, $800 in fees, and then first months payment - so somewhere around $2600-2700 at drive off for the national offer.

Also in fine print: At participating dealers.

I. You seem to misunderstand how the OEM/dealer relationship works. Every dealer sets their own price. There’s no bulletin that’s setting prices.

1. If you filled in RV/MF/incentives into the calculator there’s only one variable left; all you’d need to play around with is the discount off MSRP to see what discount equals what payment.
8 Likes

Again, the deal someone else posted in this thread is not the one reported by CarsDirect.

The “at participating dealers” language is key, and is present in all such deals, because the dealer does not have to participate. The title of this thread reflects that truth–I recognize it may be a struggle, that I am currently handling, and I am asking for anyone who would like to step up and do the deal, to contact me, and we’ll close a sale.

There is no misunderstanding. It’s common for manufacturers to organize a national lease deal that suggests a dealer contribution to hit the numbers. You’re correct in stating that the dealer doesn’t have to honor it though–the dealer sets the price. But it’s also true that the manufacturer has leverage to organize national promotions. That’s how you get the “deals” quoted on TV ads.

Hyundai frequently sends such bulletins. Here is another example: https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2024-hyundai-kona-ev-lease-price-cut-to-169-mo

Regarding the variables, exactly correct.

Alex Bernstein and Nico Demattia walk into a bar. The bartender says, “Gentlemen what are we drinking?”

Alex replies, “did you know that Don Julio 1942 is now $10 per bottle less when you buy 100 cases or more?”

Nico replies, “Don Julio is hiding the truth that everyone is overpaying for their finest tequila.”

The bartender continues wiping an empty glass.

Alex proclaims, “now that Constellation brands owns a minority stake in Töst, more people will certainly drink alcohol free sparkling wines.”

The bartender tries to ask what they want again before Nico shouts over him, “This downward trend in alcohol consumption is certain to be celebrated everywhere, if alcohol distributors stop colluding and make their bars and restaurants carry more booze free bubbles.”

Alex nods affirmatively, “Now that Diageo hired Johnny Manzoni as its first head of innovation, they tell us they’re creating an amazing experience with Apple Visio Pro, but they don’t want customers to know more until it’s further along.”

Just as Nico is about to put his derivative spin on that, they both notice the lights turn off and hear the bartender locking the door on his way out.

2 Likes