Camaro LT1 in NJ deal check

You most definitely can negotiate below the Healthcare discount. This is probably your best case scenario, around 7 or 8 percent off sticker price before the rebates. Your dealer fee is too low, you’re probably looking at around 400 for that unless you can get them to agree to that price plus the 75 dollar capped doc fee that the supplier program provides, which they don’t have to do.

FWIW this car at full sticker should be 383 with 383 at signing using those same numbers, so it’s obvious that there’s some kind of games being played here, selling price markup, MF markup, add ons or all of the above.

1 Like

Just heard back. I had some numbers wrong. Conquest for Delaware is 1500, not 2250.

His reply below:

“residual is 64% for 39 months. Residual value is $26461. T
he rebate for the lease loyalty/conquest is $1500 plus $1000 for the GM Card = $2500.
Cap cost is $39850.
NJ tax is $1264.
NJ tag fees: $399 doc fee, $336 four year tag, $20 temp tag, $60 title fee, $25 lien fee.
Acquisition fee is $695.
Payment is $398 per month for 39 months, with $398 down.”

GM incentives are based on the zip code of the registrant, not the dealer. The dealer is incorrect, or attempting to obfuscate. An NJ zip code should entitle you to two different conquest rebates, $1,750 and $500, totaling $2,250.

3 Likes

Also remember 48 months is about $20/mo less then 39. If transferring it and you really need to get the payment down that’s another option. People on swapalease aren’t as savvy as here and will take a 48 month lease if the price is right.

I love the word obfuscate, it is so applicable to dealer negotiations.
:grin:

4 Likes

True dat…Warranty expiration, bald tires, all the stuff none of us would ignore.

The good news is that you now have to the penny what this should cost you, now that you have a breakdown of the fees being charged.

1 Like

For what it’s worth the same $2,250 in incentives shows up for a Wilmington DE zip code too. I had a dealer pull this on me in Jersey too. They insisted it was only $1,500 and kept trying to pocket the difference.

1 Like

The cap cost based on the Healthcare discount instead of the 7% you put in. I could swing 344

That’s $1,482 dollars over the course of 39 months being left on the table. It’s up to you whether you wish to fight for it or not. There’s very little inventory at the moment in the region so I understand where you are coming from. There’s no harm in shooting for the moon and ending up somewhere in the middle if you really want it. Now you have a ceiling and a floor to work with. I’d say 306 with 306 at signing and you’ll put down a deposit immediately. See what they say.

Their fee breakdown does appear to be leaving out the NJ tire tax, but that’s a tiny amount (I believe $7.50) that should have little or no impact on the final numbers.

Yea we have been working off that discount the entire time. I guess I could throw a wrench in and say I want to just discount the care instead of using the heatlhcare discount now and Im sure he won’t like it…but I didnt like his first offer either… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don’t say that, you will be using the health care code here.

1 Like

The Healthcare code just gives them a factory kickback to get to the discount listed.

1 Like

Have you used the GM card at all? Do you have any other earnings on it besides the $1,000 bonus?

Have you seen this…perhaps go with this deal…

No unfortunately. I wasn’t expecting to purchase but this deal is too good for a fun car.

Thank you, that is very similar to the car im looking at.

With the Buypower bonus you should end up close to the numbers we’ve been talking about here. Just need to decide if you’re willing to head to Upstate NY to get it, or continue to negotiate this one.