Calling all Hackrs

Hi everyone, new to the forums, used to browse edmunds before…this is way better!

So been reading and learning a lot these last few days. I currently have a 2014 honda civic lease 10K/36 (can’t believe I missed the 3k asian conquest cash from chevy) that I have to give back in May.

I am open to the type of car as long as it is roughly the same size as the civic. I currently pay $128 a month, so would be looking for something at or below that price in the Tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT, PA) unless they ship.

Please let me know any suggestions on deals, thanks!

That is a nice payment, did you have to put anything down to get there?

No $0, I will look at the paperwork again but I had to do bank fee, dmv, first month, and maybe taxes upfront. I believe in NY it is tough to roll it in. But I will double check later tonight

Yes, the downpayment and drive-off fees are not the same. Most deals here (for apples-to-apples) are at $0 down and then the drive-off fees are calculated separately – rolled in or paid up front.

Also, shipping adds extra cost. $500/36 = +$14/mo, realistically maybe $800/36 = +$22/mo

Got it, then yes I believe it was $0 down. But once I get back home I will look at the lease to see exactly what was paid (how it was structured).

Okay so maybe no shipping given +22/mo

There is still a $1,500 lease conquest from Chevy which would make a nice payment on a Cruze or Trax.

Whoa, if this is the actual numbers its not bad at allll

2017 CHEVROLET CRUZE LT SEDAN LEASE FOR: $79/MO 24 MOS., MSRP: $23,415

let me try to work the hackr calc to see if it lines up

any idea if i could return my lease early? since my end date is in the middle of may.

also i believe honda gives me $1000 - 1500 for minor dings and dents. i have scratches on the back bumper from parking in NY. i will schedule an inspection soon to see if everything is covered (fingers crossed)…i would think they try to screw me during those.

Keep in mind this is NJ so doc fee will average 350-450.

You’ll need to add TTL.

I don’t know what the $500 GM Auto Show rebate is, or how to qualify for it. If you don’t but get Farm Bureau $500 (join 4 weeks ahead of signing your deal) instead, that would be a wash.

Also - if you don’t need the fully loaded top model, you could try to replicate this deal for less:

The sales rep I just called said no more $1500 asian conquest :frowning:

Maybe @chevyphil can answer whether $1,500 conquest still exists.

http://www.boston.com/cars/specials/boch/chevy.html

yeah that would be amazing, anything under 100$ I would jump on. given i can return my current lease a little early. i’m also 2-3k below the 30k miles.

You can get a Rogue S with all of the limited options, for about 158 a month

out of luck with the conquest rebate

thanks for the recc!

looking to stay below my current payment of $128.

The Asian rebate was $3000 last month. I think there still is a $1500 rebate, but I’m not sure which brands it applies to in April.

still chatting with him and asking him to clarify that point, thanks for bringing it up!

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Sport 10 char