Calling all Hackrs

I actually spoke with Chevy’s marketing support earlier today and they said that Competitive Lease in Household is $1,500 (doesn’t matter which brand) or Chevy Lease Loyalty $500 for April. You can’t stack the two. However, when I asked about the Select Market Bonus Tag because last month was $750, she couldn’t find it for me for this month (meanwhile a local dealer advertises on their website for $1,000 this month). Ultimately, she said it’s up to the dealers, credit approval, etc. so maybe fight for it if you see it advertised elsewhere. She also gave me another phone number as I wanted clarity on the NY Auto Show $1,000 incentive advertised on dealer websites (and $500 on these forums) plus listed as a TrueCar’s incentive but the office closes at 4pm EST weekdays. I left my paperwork at work but you can pull up a chat session on Chevy’s main website and ask for Marketing Support number. I think that office closes at 6pm EST but they were very friendly.

Any non-GM brand according to the fine print I saw.

did you take a look at the Encore sign and drive for 119 for non gm leasee’s

Is that a salesperson? They are typically not reliable sources of information

Don’t just give it back. Have the dealer buy it and give you some equity

what do you mean? how would this work? tell honda i want to buy the car at the end of the lease for $X amount then negotiate a higher price with GM dealer?

I appreciate this, I am digging further, esp into the NJ dealership max_g posted. i think the dismissive sales rep was thinking about the 3k conquest not 1500

no had no idea the encore was 119…looking into it now

I should have been more clear. Have the Honda dealer buy it and give you a check for whatever equity you have.

got it thanks. so if i bring the car back a month early and miles to spare i should be cut a check. is there any calc for that to ballpark how much i should be looking for?

There’s no guarantee you have positive equity. Compare your buyout price to your car’s KBB value for a rough estimate.

understood, will try that

You can take a look at KBB to get an estimate of its value currently. I just turned in 2 Civic’s though and it seems like they overestimated the residuals back in 2014. I was about $1,300 away from making it worthwhile for the dealer to buy it.

so you ended up walking away because they were short $1300 from what you wanted. and then you just returned the car and got a different one?

wow, some people have gotten insane one pay lease deals. is that literally like you pay ~$800 upfront and you have no more payments for the 24 months?

Yes, it ranges from $800 to $1,200 to $1,700 “one pay” for Chevy Equinox, Trax and Cruze (that is with all the stuff going - Asian conquest $3k and bonus tags and discounts) – this includes all the drive-off fees too including DMV, tax, etc. everything !!!

this might be the move for me trying to search for a deal as we speak…i think the 3k is now 1,500 so number may vary a little

Getting $1500 (vs $3000) is +$62.50/mo (approx) for a 24m/10k lease (which is what most of the crazy one-pay leases are) so it will be painful for you :frowning: – that is almost half your budget

+62.50 per month is a lot considering some of these work out to ~65 a month all in

yeah may have to just explore the regular monthly payments