California CVRP Rebate is back! ($1,000 - $4,500)

I may have exhausted my 2 rebates. Thanks for this tip. Are we sure this will work even now?

Can you please guide us what this penfed bonus is. Is anyone eligible for this ? That’s a YUUGe number!

Only for members longer than 6 months. Penfed.org

So far no one has posted that it hasn’t.

1 Like

Thanks. So if I become a member today there’s a good chance I could be eligible for 11k after 6 months? Is it that simple!

If the programs haven’t changed. A lot can happen in 6 months, especially in a new calendar year.

$11k is (was?) only on the i3, which has ended production. Last I looked there were 13 for sale in the US but YMMV

As discussed in other threads, PenFed is worth joining just for occasions like this, even if you never end up benefiting from it.

1 Like

That’s sad, would love to get another one myself. I had no idea that i3 is ending production.

I assume penfed is free to join, irrespective of which state you live in?

You’re going to want to read the thread I shared above.

Just got this update:

Effective February 24, 2022, the following eligibility requirements will be changing

• Income Cap Requirements:

• $200,000 for joint filers (currently $300,000)
    • $175,000 for head of household (currently $204,000)
    • $135,000 for single filers (currently $150,000)
  • MSRP cap of $45,000 for all smaller vehicle classes (compact cars, large cars, midsize cars, mini-compact, subcompact cars, two seaters, midsize station wagons, and small station wagons). Effective February 24, 2022 the following vehicles will no longer be eligible for CVRP:

• BMW i3s, BMW i3 REX and the BMW i3s REX
    • Polestar 2
  • MSRP cap of $60,000 for all other vehicle classes (small/standard pickup trucks, small/standard SUVs, minivans, and passenger type vans)

• NOTE : All applications need to be submitted within 90 days of purchase or lease date.

2 Likes

Wow - makes it much harder!

Model 3 doesn’t make the cut it appears too?

The barebones one does. $44,500.

My understanding, per CVRP website, is that if you buy this year, CVRP defines income as gross income from tax year 2021 (form 1040 lines 1-7).

The RWD model 3 does.

$44,990 MSRP.

$10 under the requirement

Edit: looks like it does not due to destination fee

MSRP is 44990+1200(destination)

For example - my LR in waiting

2 Likes

Looks like Model Y’s with MSRPs below $60k (do not) qualify. - edited

No such thing - base is $58,990+1200 = $60,190

1 Like

I see, I was thinking the shipping is separate from the MSRP

IIRC - MSRP has to include destination charge - for example the other car I’m looking at:

You know this has nothing to do with the Rebate right?

It does. I’m saying that Tesla’s MSRP structure for all of their cars in CA do not qualify for the rebate.

2 Likes