Cadillac CT4-V & CT5-V Blackwing

Do we want to place bets on just how few of these they’re gunna sell? I actually quite like the exterior design. An XT4 and XT5 ‘V-Blackwing’ would have been a better business decision.

I also hadn’t appreciated just how few manual sedans were left. Is the CT5-V Blackwing the largest manual sedan on sale now?

1 Like

Agree the exterior is on point. The interior however…especially in a 85-110k car…oof. But given it may be the last V8 manual sports sedan I bet it becomes a cult classic.

4 Likes

I actually really like the styling of both

2 Likes

they need to do the manual wagon again…

3 Likes

Pisspoor pics provided by Cadillac… I’ve seen craigslist ads with better

1 Like

Yea. Other than a smattering of compact and subcompact sedans, not many others left. G70 manual just kicked the bucket as did Accord Sport. There’s the M3. And nothing else…

Get em while you can!

The CT6-V Blackwing is pretty dope and used 2019’s are starting to pop up on the market now. I think it might make an interesting used balloon loan target but $70K is just too much IMO.

Let’s not leave the Dodge brands out of the remaining manual sedan options.

Dodge hasn’t made a manual sedan vehicle since the unloved Dart. The Charger (unlike the Challenger) has never been made available with a manual since it’s mid-2000s return.

3 Likes

I’m a current V owner and was hoping for a more aggressive design theme. I do love that a manual is available again and that CCB is an option.

I love them both, BMW could learn a few things from GM’s chassis and steering engineers.

2 Likes

Got one of the first 250 coming my way! Honestly never considered a car like this but when I heard 668hp Manual, I knew I had to jump at it. Most powerful Caddy ever produced, a manual, and the electric vehicles are coming from Cadillac so this will be one of the last gas powered. Should be a good drive and a good investment imo.

2 Likes

Only tough thing to stomach is the pricing - gets astronomical pretty quickly!

For sure, i’m wondering how much of the addition is related to the automatic vs. the manual as that will save me a few bucks. Will find out in a week or so.

1 Like

CC brakes are prob a good chunk too.

Yea it would be hard not to just pay more and get a brand new CT5-V Blackwing.

What does the Blackwing sub-brand represent? Track-focused street-legal cars?

Why would anyone take something as large as a CT6 to the track?

Even BMW, who have whored out ///M on literally everything else, have not released some 5k lb barge and called it an M7

Yes…me too. I saw a new CT4 350T in a parking lot yesterday and it was a looker.

Not sure if you intended to reply to me or not. I didn’t at any point claim the CT6-V is a track focused car.

The Blackwing sub-brand is really just a rebranding of the previous ‘V’ just as the new ‘V’ is just a rebranding of the previous V-Sport.

Either way, I’d rather pay mid-80k for a brand new 2022 CT5-V BW than pay mid-70k for a used 2019 CT6-V. And I doubt I’m the only one.

2 Likes

I’m just wondering why the CT6 BW exists