Buying a used Tesla?

It’s a neat feature (auto doors) but it doesn’t make or break the car for me and nor does it warrant the significant range penalty one takes with the Model X over the 3 and S.

2 Likes

Cars have been around for 100 years, the primary function is to get you from Point A to Point B. Why do we keep tinker with them and make them better? Everyone is trying for little things to get ahead and differentiate themselves. Tesla is no different. They obviously were different with their drivetrain and things like OTA and Autopilot, but inside the car they are pretty much the same except they created little things that made it different. Before Tesla, how many cars had auto retracting door, self presenting doors, mobile connectivity, true keyless start, true panoramic roof.

I can trigger the climate with my watch, siri, phone, GPS location. I just know I don’t have to get in a hot box in the summer time. There are people who like to drive with windows open, more power to them.

Rolls Royce i think beat them to the punch on the doors…

I guess I’m trying to ascertain how clicking your fob to start the car and let it run for a few mins vs telling an app to set your climate controls is any different. In other words, these items cost money. Is it worth it to sell a car that has these gizmos in it for more expensive just to say it’s cool, vs cheaper to someone like me who can open and close his door by himself.

Now if these are all optional features, my question is moot.

iPhone X and iPhone 11 are basically the same things, but I am happier to have a faster processor, better camera and bigger battery. Sometimes it’s the little thing.

You are absolutely right I can’t justify 90k for these small little features, but they sure are nice to have.

To put it in perspective, I bought a base 2017 that didn’t have a lot of the optional features. I have them on my 2019. Now that I am used to them, there is no way I can go back to my 2017.

Oh yeah I have been thinking about buying a ferrari, they don’t make any sense financially. Yet I really want to buy one! The reasonable voice in me tells me I should buy a model 3 instead of the ferrari.

What rolls Royce comes with auto presenting front doors? The driver?

1 Like

Oh i was talking about the door close assist. Not sure if it does on the front however. Maybe the new Cullinan.

You could settle for a Fiero with the f40 body kit if you can still find one…,

1 Like

Go to 1:20, one of my favorite part of the car. It was a $6000 option when I got my 17, I skipped it because I couldn’t justify it. In my 19, this is one of my favorite part of the car!!!

I would give up my left nut for a real f40…

What’s cool about it is you can program it to start at a set time each day. This is not something Tesla exclusive…my wife Clarity has it…it starts the AC 15 min before she is off the clock at work. It’s nice as the car sits in full sun all day long and she often forgets to activate the AC.

An update: I now have an MVPA and am awaiting a pickup date…Progress…

I’m still somewhat annoyed but now for a different reason: I physically put hands on the car today as it’s at the local delivery center but because of state law, they cannot physically take my money at the delivery center in exchange for my car otherwise I’d be in it today.

Tesla has to receive the money in order to set a delivery date but apparently it is “impossible” to do this same day.

2 Likes

it will make demand for the model 3 fall dramatically you’ll see people that bought model 3s but want an SUV back. It is going to be just like the 3 series which used to be the desirable BMW but now it’s the X3. model 3 prices next year and the following year are going to tank.

Send your thank you card to NADA…they worked hard to prevent Tesla from direct selling. This is TX, right?

1 Like

Maybe, Maybe not. A taller car comes with its own range penalty unless they can improve the technology in the batteries.

I never ran out of charge with EV that goes 25 miles or 250 miles. I can read the gauge and adjust.

That’s not the only bone I have to pick with them. :expressionless:

But apparently delays like this happen even in states where they can legally sell which is the point of contention here. The system is broken.

Without attempting to turn this political, it ain’t just Tesla’s sales and delivery woes that are broken.

1 Like

This was an inventory car, right? I ask because until recently there was a 4-8 week wait time for online orders…now changed to end of year to catch the rest of the tax credit. Delays can happen for different reasons…

Yes inventory car.

Wow…that’s slow for inventory. Update us with total days wait when all is done.

1 Like

Annnnnd now I have a “delivery date” for a car I’ve laid eyes on, physically touched and have now paid for.

Why do they make this so difficult!!!

1 Like