Buick Regal Tour X

I thought part of the problem with Sensus was that it ran like a dog? Or has that been resolved in later builds?

Wasnā€™t resolved in the V60 rental car I had a month ago. Two second plus delays in screen reaction to button presses or commands. Maybe Iā€™m spoiled by how quickly iDrive works?

1 Like

The only delays I get in mine occur if I try to do something right after the car is turned on. This usually is things like turning the seat heaters on, etc. All fine once the car has been on for at least 30 seconds.

The early sensus builds were worse, and theyā€™ve periodically been adding more processing power to them.

I would lease a Tour X for under $200 all day long. Thatā€™s my limit though. I like the wagons, no amazing deals however. Likely due to such a small market segment.

2 Likes

I meant tried and trusted in the offroad/wagon game. Site didnā€™t let me post this yesterday, hit my daily post limit.

Didnā€™t Sensus freeze up a lot? Has that been resolved?

Grabbed a new fully loaded Tour X, Leather, driver assist, moonroof, etc. $43k sticker price, paid $26K a few months back. I love this car!

5 Likes

Well Played. This is the approach with this car. Buy at massive discountā€¦

Not sure. Donā€™t really follow Volvo. @kimcicle mentioned a few days ago he had one that ran like a dog, but didnā€™t mention freezing.

Progress?

The Senses in my volvo is slow for the first 30 seconds when the car is first turned on as mentioned above but after that it runs fine.

Because GM doesnā€™t know how to make a capable offroad vehicle?

Hard to tell without any substantive data on resale values. Might be worth 10-12k in 3 years for all we know

While, in a way, I hope thatā€™s the case, I donā€™t think itā€™s going to drop THAT much. The cheapest Essence in the entire US is listed at $23k - 2019 model with 10k miles.

there are dealers still with 2018 Tour Xs on their lots listed as NEW

On my 2019 XC60 I have an issue connecting to CarPlay about one a week. Sensus has frozen on me maybe 5 times in as many months. Better than Sync3 or the VW infotainment systems were for me. Much nicer to use than GM or FCA systems.

Gearbox is super laggy in that thing.
I tried it twice just to make sure that first one was not broken/damaged.
You press pedal and wait 2 second for a shift. Like a throwback to the 90s.
Really wanted that car. Negotiated Essence for about 26k before taxes (43k MSRP).
Butā€¦ although deal seemed fantastic, you got to be in late stage of your life or have no interest in driving at all to bear that lag.

Ended up with CX-9. Still not happy with weight/size after 5 month. But package (powertrain) overall is simply great.
No lag, drivability is very good. Feeling safe and comfy when need to accelerate. Huge difference with TourX in that component.

I am in Australia and paid extra for the old commodore ss as a rental Well of course that car is no longer around and I ended up with a Holden callus or something, I believe it is the high end Buick Regal rebadged from the US. Honestly I donā€™t know why anyone would drop 40k for this piece of crap. There is nothing good about the car. The car is going to fill the rental car parking lot as the full size vehicle of choice. I understand Buick is highly profitable in China due to the brand recognition, but is anyone really buying this crap?

Commodore Calais Iā€™m assuming you meant.

Yeah something like that, I hated it so much that I barely looked at it. The car is so boring that it is like every full size Chevy you can get from hertz.