Budget $600 a month for SUV

You get much better value in XC60 vs. similarly priced X3, IMO

2 Likes

If the ad says a special of $459 per month and $4209 due at signing, doesn’t that mean they should be offering me a $575 lease? And not $660 like they offered me.

TBH threads like this are a waste of everyone’s time when the OP refuses to educate themselves via all the articles on LH that explain the basics

Now we are literally back at square one with you looking at dealer or OEM ads.

This saga will end with you hiring a broker or signing with the first dealer who hits your payment-shopping target. In other words, all the advice offered to you was wasted.

5 Likes

There are always all kinds of missing taxes/fees and incentives that don’t qualify included in dealer ads. They’re not even worth looking at 99% of the time.

1 Like

The fine print said it includes all taxes And fees. And the articles I’ve read said to look at these deals and read the fine print.

Does it specify that it applies to that vehicle? It says “on select vehicles”

1 Like

I agree with @max_g. You did not even specify your location, which would help us to help you. I offered to connect you with a good dealer in MD (if this is where you are shopping) and you did not respond. It seems like you just ignore all help and keep doing your thing.

1 Like

Look, provide your general location, state. We’ll link you with dealers or brokers, people that can help you find the car for a good price. Right now we have no clue where you are located and can only offer general advice, if you want more tailored advice, and to save a :poop: ton of money, do so.

I drafted something that said yes in Maryland, inside beltway but I couldn’t post more that day and I forgot about it. Thanks!

1 Like

I just PMed you dealer info.

2 Likes

Go with Ursus’s dealers. They are awesome and he knows some really cool guys there that will get you a deal.

OP when you’ve read the Leasing 101 and FAQ, post a specific deal for review. Good luck in your search. Thanks to all who contributed their opinion.

I have two months left on a lease. Someone told me that the worst negotiating tactic is not having the time for a new lease. When do you all start looking for a new car and when to start negotiating? Or do you always assume there will be a substantial overlap? I have until September 9th with my lease.

@max_g - her original thread was closed by @jeisensc. May want to re-open it

I’d start looking in August

2 Likes

I have leased an Xc60 T5 Awd Mom from a local dealer in GA for $389/mo 2 years ago.
Right now, they have similar ones going for $369 with $2,995 @ signing.

I like the car but have to switch to the dynamic mode each time as the normal driving mode is lazy, and the throttle response is pretty slow.
We also have an Xc90 and that one doesn’t have such issue.
But it’s a T6.

If they offer $2995 @ signing and $369 a month, would they do the same deal at $452 a month? Going tomorrow to drive the RDX and XC60 with the hubs.

It seems as though you are looking at dealer ads again… As multiple people have said, do just a little bit of reading on leasing 101 and figure out how leases are structured. Then you can go to the dealer with numbers that qualify as a good lease based off of discounts seen in previous deals, incentives and the correct rv/mf.

Or you could do no research and hire a broker.

1 Like

I’ve read a lot of articles on leasing 101 and I’ve also reached out to a few brokers from this site.