Brokers beware using PayPal

you should do zelle

Yup and they closed my case!!!

is Apple Cash the future?

1 Like

With Stripe and Square (:face_vomiting:) you don’t have to take their numbers or deal with pci compliance. I use stripe to take the few cc payments I get, but it does everything the big processors do.

1 Like

It works pretty well but it’s platform specific. I haven’t had luck sending/receiving with non- humans.

I was thinking F&F can’t be reversed, do you have a screenshot?

Haha def a gen 4 pro with diffusers. Good call. Fellow reefer?

1 Like

But even with square they can do a charge back. So I would be in the same position likely

It was 100% f and f. And the transaction is now gone from my history. I know it was f and f bc it was exactly $500 not $515 which is what I charge if they do goods and services

Yep! Just broke down a RS425XL… have had several through the years!

1 Like

3 Likes

Icing on the cake PayPal just charged me $20 for the chargeback!

I assume you put these in all your apartments.

2 Likes

Did they charge you a fee for disputing it?

Long story short for my instance, an LHer had retainer my services in March. We couldn’t find a car that he liked but he said to keep my retainer as I would help him find a car. Over the course of the next 6 months he texted me about various cars, minivans, suvs, and sedans.

Once he finally, on his own, found a deal that he wanted, he chargedback my fee and stated all the cars he asked me about were for his friend not him and I should collect my fee from him.

Sure but they have to document and prove to the CC company it should be sustained. The only card I’ve ever found to be consumer friendly in that regard is Amex. If they have a Chase card, it gets investigated, reversed, and someone comes to your house and pokes you in the eye. I’d suggest a simple contract that outlines the service (@Benedetto has this nailed) and have them eSign. If the contact is fulfilled when they take delivery of the lease, the chargeback won’t be sustained.

BTW what a scumbag.

2 Likes

WOW… how many gallons??! Guess you sold a few G4s on Ebay :rofl:

None of my business but, don’t all you brokers have contracts? IANAL but I have done a bunch with my clients and helped them with their clients. E.g.:

Depost/Retainer is for (this length of time / this many cars) in consideration for my time and expertise. It can only be made directly with lessor/buyer and their spouse/domestic partner. Every effort will be made but if they do not sign by X those services are considered rendered. If the client wishes to extend (time/cars) a XX% discount on a new retainer under same terms.

Second part is due before they take delivery, and services considered rendered in full when they take delivery. If they are found to have done the same deal with the same dealer, in breach and max small claims amount will be filed against them in (your jurisdiction).

A real lawyer like @AP919 may feel differently.

1 Like

It’s a 180! Basically fragging sps and other coral the tank pays for itself!

I don’t have a contract I guess that will change but I like to think I hold up my end of the agreement and so does the buyer. This has never happened before so I really had no reason not to trust people. I don’t charge a retainer, if I did I would def have a contract bc I could see how that could become an issue. Honestly it seems like retainers are more trouble then they’re worth in this business. Based on my reviews buyers should have no reason not to trust me. Times like this I wish we still had some wild Wild West justice going on in this country! Haha

2 Likes

I used Apple Pay when I swapped my lease. Once you accept the payment it cannot be reversed.

1 Like