Brokers beware using PayPal

Agree! I rarely use Venmo, only for small transactions between friends. If I need to transfer a large sum, I use Zelle.

Yes, but she claimed it was “not as described” and “fake.” I even sent proof of the e-mail receipt I also received from the store and an e-mail from an order I placed for another of the same bag. She provided no proof and only continued to harass me, rather than saying why it was fake or that it was sent to an authentication service, and eBay still let her return it. That’s another reason why I was furious.

She even stated that she opened it to “get me of [sic] the site,” and they still didn’t care. These are the practices of companies like eBay and PayPal, even though the sellers are the ones who pay the fees.

I still don’t know what the hell “China-style packaging” is.

1 Like

QuickPay/Zelle. I use it through Chase, but I believe there is a way for non-Chase customers to use it as well.

1 Like

Yep, most major banks use it just need to enroll. https://www.zellepay.com/

1 Like

I can’t believe women pay 200 bucks for a bag in which you can’t even pronounce the name.

Reason #4,205 I’m glad I’m a guy.

4 Likes

I filed a dispute showing them the receipt and price was wrong. I somehow lost the dispute for lack of verification!!! I only use PayPal to send funds that I know I don’t need to charge back on

Through eBay or PayPal? Confused on who you filed the dispute with

I purchased a toolbox from HD using PayPal. I didn’t have my cc with me at the time so I figured to use pp.

Selling on eBay is how I got my disdain for people, that remains 15 years later. I probably should’ve hired a therapist.

7 Likes

Oh, so PayPal charged you incorrectly, and wouldn’t refund you when you showed them what they should’ve charged? That’s messed up.

Recently a youngster clued me in on Google Pay. It is pretty easy and no fees.

I worked in a restaurant for a few years in my teens. That is where I got my disdain for people. I am now comfortable working in my office or at home, with nobody to bother me. I would never work in a customer facing industry ever again after that.

I thought of just processing my own credit card payments. But buyers can do the same thing with a charge back. And I don’t want the liability of having people’s credit card info. With all these data breeches I prefer using a 3rd party system. Just sucks one idiot can ruin the easy process for everyone else. If it happens again I guess I’ll need to have people sign a contract. Not like it would ever be worth enforcing it.

3 Likes

I have 50 tenants. Want disdain for humanity? Manage real estate…before that it was working at an inner city hospital. I’ll take car people over all them!

3 Likes

Not a chance in hell. A couple years in a restaurant was plenty for me.

1 Like

Try working for the Tax department during tax season :grin:

1 Like

This is crazy information and good to remember… sad we have to deal with this stuff…

$700 fish light… thinking Ecotech G4 Pro?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand, but maybe removing returns gives buyers like this fewer options. You’d then only had to argue about authenticity instead of return + authenticity. i.e. “I want to return because it’s a fake” when you accept returns VS. “I want my money back because it’s a fake” without return.
But probably wouldn’t matter anyway.

I used to sell full time on eBay and one day, PayPal miraculously decided to hold 12k from me because I changed my address. Long story short, took 6 months to get back, who knows how much money PayPal makes by holding other peoples money for no reason and the reps, “ILL DO EVERYTHING TO HELP SOLVE YOUR ISSUE TODAY.” SMH

1 Like

It was original disco light from the 80s