Brand new camaro v8 s by GM 284 down 284 a month!

Don’t bother with any other trim the ONLY deal in with the LT1 due to a really high residual and stupid low MF for a chevy.

2 Likes

So many words when everyone just telling you that you wrong about:

and agree with you that lower optioned cars usually lease better

They do not and they can not carry 100% depreciation if they are factory installed options. The residual value, which dictates the depreciation amount, is set by the bank and can not be altered.

Now, what the dealership can do is mess with your selling price, significantly reducing the dealer discount amount, so that the monthly increases by an amount equivalent to 100% depreciation on the options. While the end result to your cost may be the same, that is a very different statement.

The issue is that if you go into the negotiations assuming the former to be true when it is actually the latter, you’re conceding to a significantly worse deal should you choose the additional options. As soon as the dealer catches wind that you’re misinformed on how the math works, you’ve put blood in the water and allowed the negotiations to go afield.

1 Like

My first few attempts at negotiating a lease also went like that.

I went in referencing an ad and they said “that one is sold.” There was another car at $2,000 more MSRP so it would cost me $2,000 + tax more. Either more money down or rolled into the payment

It’s only when I really learned how to calculate payments that I realized they were just taking advantage of me

4 Likes

Yup the 4 cylinder program is garbage compared to the cheap V8, even the $10k less MSRP doesn’t help

.00155 and 57% 36mo/12k

1 Like

These are forums designed for proper communication. There is no limit to how many words are typed. If. You dont like how many words I type then dont read my shit you little sxum bag.

While you are correct in your assumption car dealers sell and lease the cars at their discretion …if you think you can get them to sell you a v8 camaro on a corporate program with a specific residual on added options then post up.

Ive been buying and leasing new cars longer than you are probably alive and in my experience once you deviate off the advertised special fir a vehicle with more options than the “corporate ad” thats where they bang you for the 100 % deprecation …

Im willing to watch and learn so I look forward to a camaro v8 lease here with an extra 4 grand of options come in as you suggest it will cost versus what Ive found over the years.

I believe you. I have just found over the years thats where in high demand lease deals advertised thats the FU point of a dealer who can lease it to someone else because its still such a smoking deal.

Please post up your msrp and lease payments to show your camaro v8 after you take delivery…

Higher optioned cars beyond 40 grand and closer to 50 grand leave more room for the lower percentage of lease inclusion.

You keep saying this and you keep being incorrect. That is not how the contractual requirements behind the lease work.

Just to further clarify, the dealer can not hit you for 100% depreciation on a factory installed option. If they do so, the residual value on the lease will be incorrect and the lease contract will not fund.

What they can do is jack up the sales price, giving less discount that the corporate advertised deal (which generally is a crap deal anyway, and rarely hard to get much better than). That may make you feel that they’re not residualizing the factory installed options, but that is not what is going on.

These forums are for sharing information so that those, even with years of leases behind them, can learn to put themselves in a more prepared situation for maximizing their leasing value. You’d be better off leaving the attitude at the door and realizing that time in field doesn’t make you correct here. Instead, take the opportunity to learn so that on your next lease, you can be more successful.

8 Likes

Just tagged my name to this one.

Will paper in Dec, but take delivery when it arrives.

39/10
$273+Tax
DAS: $273+Tax @ Signing

19 Likes

You are ranting for no reason. Just concentrate on what I said only, if you can, that is.

1 Like

Incredible.

As mentioned, Mr. Vaders Conveyance.

I always put a down payment on my leases and I always get good deals! I have leased for 25 years!

How is this Honda Accord Hybrid deal?!

10 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

At that price id pay you a broker fee to get one. Got any more :joy:

They wanted 10k down but I said 9k max. Really showed those SOBs

4 Likes

I’m inking up at 309 Sign and drive for a 39,800 sticker car but hey maybe knowledge outweighs years of experience in these cases.

Awesome…enjoy that great v8…

You did great post up how you like it when you take delivery.

Glad my original post helped!

I forgot a few of you guys in this thread are detail word nerds on the internet forums…I understand that you don’t know how to say thank you so no worries…go back to living in your moms basement

For the guys who didnt know about this awesome deal that I helped…cool

Tjat was my whole goal here.

What % off MSRP pre incentive did u achieve?

Its all above in the desking screen comment.

Just over 6%. I didnt care to push for much more. Good deal is a good deal.

2 Likes

There’s nothing helpful about being an ass because people are saying information that you disagree with.

You’re on a forum that’s based around educating people into the intricacies of leasing so that they may be as well prepared as possible for success. In that context, words have meaning. Going into a negotiation prepared with the details of what the deal is, how the numbers are calculated, etc gives you as the consumer the strongest foundation for success. It doesn’t do anyone any good to conflate the numbers with incorrect information. You can take the opportunity to learn so that you’re better prepared in the future or not. Bloviating about your net worth and insulting people because they’re providing contrarian information has no place here.

5 Likes