BMWFS Lease Assumption Process and Timeline

Update on my app:

Transfer CA to CA
Credit App submitted: 5/27/2020 1:24 pm Pacific.
Credit Decision: 5/29/2020 1:08 pm Pacific (Approval)
Step 2 Email received: 6/1/2020 10:01 am Pacific, returned by both Transferee and Transferor by UPS Next Day Air.
Step 2 Documents received back by BMW FS:
Step 3 Documents Received:

The lease assumption folks returned to work today 6/2, and I received word mid-morning that my Stage 2 was complete. I anticipate Stage 3 tomorrow. Was told FS has added extra workers to help tackle the workload.

@Kief Thatā€™s odd. I spoke with a representative a little while ago and was told the opposite. He told me that they wonā€™t be returning till June 8th due to something internal going on at BMWFS. Iā€™m currently in Stage 2 with all docs sent and delivered to BMWFS since last Thursday. Not sure what to believe. Been told something different every day.

Hereā€™s my transfer timeline

Stage 1: Transferee Credit App
Applied: 6/2 @ 4:01PM
Approved: 6/2 @ 4:15PM

Stage 2 : Transfer Documents
Documents Email Received: 6/3 @ 9AM
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 8.02.36 PM

Completed & Sent: 6/3 @ 4PM [Both parties via 2-day]
Arrived at BMWFS: 6/8th [Both Parties]
Stage 2 Complete: 6/16/20

Stage 3 : BMWFS Internal Processing
Stage 3 Completed:
Final Documents Received:
Transfer Completed:

My LT began a week earlier than yours, 5/20, so yours should be coming up soon. FS actually reached out to me last Fri 5/29 and shared their offices were closed unexpectedly on 5/27 which were to reopen sometime this week. Those LT that were in the pipeline were going to be a priority. 6/8 was to resume new LT.

Stage 2 for me has been completed since 5/20. Been waiting on stage 3 since :neutral_face:hopefully its done soon. Stage 1 was complete 5/6. They keep mentioning the holdup is internal so fingers crossed its done soon. Was happy to hear from everyone how fast the process was but never seems to be the case for me.

talked to them today and due to the ā€œoffice circumstance,ā€ assumption folks are returning next monday.

Hope they are people in office to process them beforehand

Transfer CA to CA
Step 2 Email received: 6/1/2020 10:01 am Pacific, returned by both Transferee and Transferor by UPS Next Day Air.
Step 2 Documents received back by BMW FS: Transferee Docs were delivered on 6/2, Transferor documents were lost by UPS. Transferor sending docs again on 6/3.

just so you know, there arenā€™t and docs on your end for stage 3 afaik.
my lease went from stage 2 to stage 3 almost immediately after BMW processes stage 2 docs.

Update on my app:

Transfer CA to CA
Credit App submitted: 5/12/2020
Credit Decision: 5/12/2020
Step 2 Email received: 5/13/2020
Step 2 DMV Title received by BMW FS: 5/28/2020
Step 3 Email confirming Stage 2 and 3 completion received 6/4/2020

1 Like

Transfer CA to CA
Step 2 Documents received back by BMW FS: Transferee Docs were delivered on 6/2, Transferor documents were lost by UPS. Transferor sending docs again on 6/3. Docs received by BMW FS 6/4
Step 2 Completion email:
Step 3 Completion email:

I talked to BMW FS. There is only 1 person working in the office this week but they will have more people working from Monday. They are really really backed up.

1 Like

My recent LT took exactly 2wks, and that was with Memorial Day and the guy resubmitting his credit app. PA to CA. And I thought that was too slow! My previous two BMW LT took only 4 business days each. Had I thought about it more, chances are I would not have considered the LT in the middle of this pandemic. Hang in there folks, I know how impatient we all can be!

Did you get the email regarding the stage 2 received?

Can you post a timeline @J_lexus

Can you post your timeline please?

Transfer CA to CA
Step 2 Documents received back by BMW FS: Transferee Docs were delivered on 6/2, Transferor documents were lost by UPS. Transferor sending docs again on 6/3. Docs received by BMW FS 6/4
Step 2 Acknowledgement email: 6/8 at 1:27 pacific. Transferee set.
Step 2 Completion email:
Step 3 Completion email:

At what time do you usually collect the down payment from the transferee?

IMO at the time of handing over the car is fine. You should have some sort of written agreement even if itā€™s an email or text exchange

1 Like

Just talked to BMW FS. They say stage 2 is complete but I have yet to receive an email from them. They said stage 3 would take 3-5 business days to go through.

Did they get your title from DMV already ?.. took 2 weeks in my caseā€¦