BMWFS Lease Assumption Process and Timeline

Anyone have any timing updates/recent experience on the 2 to 3 gap? I am coming up on 10 business days since Stage 2 approval (if you ignore the day of approval, even though it came first thing in the morning)…

10 days is tomorrow for me. Looking like they’re sticking to the 12-14 day timeline. Hopefully completed next week!

Same here (tomorrow). Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I called BMWFS today to check the status of my transfer (stage 2 complete, awaiting stage 3), and can echo some of the comments here. They said they’re still working on 9/25 stage 2 approvals, and quoted 12-14 business days. My stage 2 was complete 9/30, so tomorrow will be day 12. For reference, it’s been a month since the transfer was first initiated (9/14).

1 Like

Let us know if yours completes tomorrow. Would give the rest of us a good timeline! I also started on the 15th so you’re lucky you’re a few days ahead lol.

Credit app 9/1
Credit app approved 9/1
Stage 2 received - 9/2
Stage 2 filled out/sent - 9/3
Stage 2 BMWFS received - 9/4
Stage 2 completed - 9/16
Stage 2 Issue - 10/2 (clowns said my signature doesn’t match my own account nearly 3 weeks after the Stage 2 complete email, at 5pm on a friday (10/2). 9am on 10/5, I spend an hour yelling at them threatening getting a lawyer and what do you know, they admit it’s their fault for saying its incomplete 3 weeks later.
Stage 2 complete (Again) - 10/5
Stage 3 complete - 10/5 (After yelling it looked like they straightened out.)

Wow quite the “friendly” transfer process

3 Likes

I know these questions get beaten to death but who has done a NY TO NY transfer ? What was the DMV process like ? I appreciate any and all answers.

Latest update on my end is that I will have stage 3 “no later than Thursday” this week. Stage 2 was completed 10/2.

Stage 2 complete 10/05. Was told Friday! So sounds like they’re giving the right info

1 Like

Just an update on my CA to CA transfer (stage 2 complete 9/30). Called in today, and was told they were still working on 9/29. I have also not heard anything via email since 9/30. They didn’t give me any ETA on the phone, other than saying it will likely be transferred before the payment due date (this Friday). A bit frustrating, since they said it would be completed between last Friday and today, and I had planned travel to pick up the car on Thursday based on that… Hope they get it through in time!

9/15 - Credit app submitted and approved
9/16 - Sent Stage 2 documents
9/27 - Stage 2 documents received (Unfortunately one set was lost in mail. Cost us a week)
10/6 - Stage 2 completed

To echo, I was told as of yesterday, they were up to 9/29 Stage 2 Completions for Stage 3 Processing.

Ok so today it sounds like they had a huge number of transfers clustered from 9/29-9/30 which should be done today and which is why it has taken so long. They expect to be done and start on October 1 and 2 today/tomorrow for those with Stage 2 around that time frame.

1 Like

Alright guys.

9/11 got approved stage 1
9/15 got stage 2 doc
9/18 stage 2 received
9/25 stage 2 rework due to signature was slightly off. I sent an email back to them within hour. (Snn + passport photo to verify)

No respond until 10/8. - been calling them everyday to check for update. All they said was it’s under review. All of sudden they say they never received any of my emails. I was shocked and rushed to fedex to send a hard copy deliver over night for another $100

10/10 got an email stage 2 is now completed. Expect to wait 5 business days to complete stage 3 but you guys know why I am here. Lol

So Asfar86 said for those to completed stage 2 on 9/30 most likely will be done within this week. I am 10 business further when I completed stage 2. So I think I am looking at end of the month.

At this point, this has been one of the most stressful situation I have ever been in both financially and mentally.

I paypal the owner to keep the process going. Next payment is going to due soon.

What I have paid out so far
$500 application
$550 oct monthly payment
Another $500 is coming

And I also paid for the rental car for another 500 as the process is taking so long. Anybody in the same boat? Does the person who’s taking over the lease responsible for paying everything until the process is finish? The car’s been parking for nearly 2 months and neither of us cant use it?

Sorry if this is a long post but I think we all have limit to the frustration at some point. I appreciate all the comments. Thank you

Why are you paying monthly payments already?–the car isn’t yours until Stage 3 approval. I am the transferor in my arrangement and I have been paying the monthly the whole time. You are of course free to work out a reasonable deal with your counterparty with respect to the month in which the transfer is effective (like split the month, for example) but unless you are paying the transferor back for some money he is expecting and that you agreed to (like a down payment/cap cost reduction or MSDs) I don’t see why you would agree to pick up the monthly payment already.

As for your timeline, yeah, assuming that the number of October transfers is less overwhelming than the September ones apparently were, my guess is the soonest you would have approval is end of the month unfortunately.

They said it was my fault that I slow the process because of the signature and asked if I pay monthly to continue the process. (Facepalm) I get that the owner wants to get off the hook asap but none of us are expect it to be this long…

NJ to NJ transfer
Stage 2 completed 10/09

Eagerly awaiting stage 3 completion.

What the stage 3 entail? Understand that I can take the car the day BMW confirms but Would I have to make a trip to the DMV before I can drive the car?

Ouch that’s nuts. I would not be making those payments. It’s BMWFS being slow for everyone right now.

Crazy person asking u to pay for their car. It’s not ur car atm

1 Like